Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 09:39 PM

Poor Takara is manky again

Takara has got a double dose of it this year

Not only does she have dally rash again (and her face is really itchy with it) but she has also had a grass allergy flare up inside her back legs.

I was supposed to get her on piriton last week but ended up in hospital so need to collect some for her the day after tomorrow (I am back in hospital tomorrow) and hope the legs clear up...

I'm hoping the piriton might ease the dally rash too

She'll be manky looking now until about October! Bless!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Oh bless her, Dusty gets grass allergies, rash all on her tummy and undercarriage, hope Star got the tougher lab skin and not the dally skin lol!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Oh, poor Takara. Hope she gets some relief soon hon x
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-06-2009, 06:15 AM
I hope she gets less irritation soon hun x x x x
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Just in case you dont already know - you can get Piriton off the shelf in Supermarkets or from your local Pharmacy - you dont have to get it from the vets - its the same stuff. Just dont mention its for a dog - if asked - I say its for my daughter !

Thalice's Mum
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Thalice View Post
Just in case you dont already know - you can get Piriton off the shelf in Supermarkets or from your local Pharmacy - you dont have to get it from the vets - its the same stuff. Just dont mention its for a dog - if asked - I say its for my daughter !

Thalice's Mum
This applies to any human medicine you buy for your dogs. It used to be OK in the past. I say it's for me lol!
Becky
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2009, 07:42 AM
I had a dog that used to get grass seed allergy rash - aside from antihistamines (yep over the counter piriton) i used to bathe the area twice a day in very dilute hibiscrub solution and make sure it was completely dry.

Some vets will recommend a topical steriod cream - such as vetnovate (human form Betnovate) but something like lanacane cream for preventing insect bites itching which you can buy over the counter will probably work as well