Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Paul G.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-04-2006, 04:26 PM

Who needs satellite navigation ?

I have a theory that I am part of a nationwide unofficial network known as the "Old Geezers with Dogs", or O.G.D. There's one of us in every town and our job is to provide navigation services to the travelling public. Motorists rely on us to provide them with directions, and whenever they are lost they simply look out for the local O.G.D., who then puts them on the right road. In fact it is possible to navigate from one end of the country to the other without a map, simply by using the O.G.D. network. So when someone stops me I give them directions to the next town and finish by saying _ "and when you get there, ask the local "Old Geezer with Dog". Its good to feel useful.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Paul G.
I have a theory that I am part of a nationwide unofficial network known as the "Old Geezers with Dogs", or O.G.D. There's one of us in every town and our job is to provide navigation services to the travelling public. Motorists rely on us to provide them with directions, and whenever they are lost they simply look out for the local O.G.D., who then puts them on the right road. In fact it is possible to navigate from one end of the country to the other without a map, simply by using the O.G.D. network. So when someone stops me I give them directions to the next town and finish by saying _ "and when you get there, ask the local "Old Geezer with Dog". Its good to feel useful.
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2006, 04:41 PM
good one i used to ask the old women with the basket and they gave me an apple if i was hungry
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 07:19 PM
sooo true!!!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2006, 05:00 AM
My OH a LGV driver says so true. LOL
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran