Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 06:37 AM

Good morning to you! - Thursday!

Morning all,

I’m having a moan this morning, so be warned.

Yesterday was an awful day.

On my walk with Lennon we came across a loose dog. A little collie cross, wearing a harness and a coat. He/she said hello to Lennon and I tried to gently coax it towards me so I could get a hold of it. It was very skittish, and fled when I took a step towards it . The poor thing was on my mind all day

Then the front door handle started playing up when I left for work, and I couldn’t lock the door.

Then at work I complained to the software guy that “his” report wasn’t working properly, then realised I had put the wrong bloody dates in.

Then I moaned at him about something else (I can’t even remember what it was now) that wasn’t his fault.

Then I had a running argument with the company we are sub-contractors to and, in the end, passed it to my boss (before I lost my nut).

Finally (45 minutes later than arranged) the guy arrived to sort the front door out (again) so that’s ok now

Today just HAS to be better................. doesn’t it? I’ll shut up now.....

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
Old soldiers never die. Young ones do.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Morning

Hope today goes smoothly for you, it's nearly the weekend again

Happy Thursday all xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
I am just leaving for work now. This afternoon I have an elderly client I have to be with while she has her tooth out at home and then stay with her. Hope its all straightforward.
Hope your day is better vicki, well surely it can't be any worse.
Take care everyone and have a good day.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Good Morning Vicky, Lou and the rest of the gang

Vicky, hope you have a better day. I only work 4 days, and have been working nights this week... so it's me till Monday. I have had some bad news today (thats on another thread), so I am going to go to bed, and start my weekend tonight with a bottle of red.

If anyone fancies joining me.... feel free. You are more than welcome

Love the gem.

Have a good day all. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Morning

Hope today goes smoothly for you, it's nearly the weekend again

Happy Thursday all xx
Morning Lou

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Vicki and all,
I am just leaving for work now. This afternoon I have an elderly client I have to be with while she has her tooth out at home and then stay with her. Hope its all straightforward.
Hope your day is better vicki, well surely it can't be any worse.
Take care everyone and have a good day.
Morning Bev

Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Good Morning Vicky, Lou and the rest of the gang

Vicky, hope you have a better day. I only work 4 days, and have been working nights this week... so it's me till Monday. I have had some bad news today (thats on another thread), so I am going to go to bed, and start my weekend tonight with a bottle of red.

If anyone fancies joining me.... feel free. You are more than welcome

Love the gem.

Have a good day all. x
Morning Deb
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2012, 06:55 AM

Morning Vicki, morning all.

If I do not get some proper sleep soon I think I will explode, so I think I had better shut up before the following happens .

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Morning Vicki, morning all.

If I do not get some proper sleep soon I think I will explode, so I think I had better shut up before the following happens .

Morning Malka
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

Hope today is a better one for you, Im waiting FS to go to school and then sileeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnce will be bliss

Morning All have a good one
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Morning Vicki and all

Sounds like that was one heck of a day for you Vicki, let's hope today runs smoothly for you. The only advice I have for you Bev is - look away!!! Sorry you've had bad news Debs I will check out your thread and definitely want some of your vino tonight. There's nothing worse than sleepless night grandma, so hope you get back to a normal pattern soon, I sleep like a log, but I know the state Dave is in by morning with his sleepless nights.

Well, I got all checked out by the doc yesterday, all was looking good for the bang on my head, oxygen levels 99% blooming 'eck he said, that's good!! Took some bloods off me just in case, and told me to have a duvet day which I did, and said I had to go straight to the ER if I was sick or lost my vision again which I didn't thank goodness.

Still got the bladdy rat out the side, and then it had the cheek to run across the driveway and behind the garage into next door who keep chickens, so that's my problem I think. Got a ratman coming tomorrow morning coz my pet safe box isn't doing much, he's still munching his way through old bird seed on the floor. Hate the things, hate the poison, but I worry for the dogs, so it has to go and now!

Horrible day out there, just seen 3 fire engines zooming up the village High Street, so must find out what's going on there later. I will walk Zena this morning, very slowly, and then stay indoors again, coz my head has now got a humungous lump on it where I thought I didn't hit it, so I must have, and you can't be too careful with head injuries, I don't want to collapse in the middle of nowhere in this weather thanks!

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Morning all!

Sounds like yesterday was a rubbish day for everyone .

Mine was more frustrating than rubbish. Rosie had a very early start, 4.45 am, so, of course, so did mum. Lack of sleep, toilet training and gentle lead walk training = frustration. It's difficult to smile sweetly and stay jolly for pup who's doing her best when you're absolutely kn******d, but I think I managed it .

She had a lovely meeting with a westie pup of about the same age which was brill because it was the first pup we've encountered on our travels since she got a little spooked by the young schnauzer pup the other day. This time her reaction was so different - she initiated the greeting and the two pups got on lovely. Wonder what it was about the schnauzer that bothered her? Mmmm!

My mum was upset yesterday too. She was ok, but was upset because my sister was heartbroken that the memorial message she had put in the newspaper hadn't appeared - all the others had and she took them all in . Three days ago, it was four years since my brother (at 47) collapsed and died suddenly whilst on holiday in Benidorm celebrating his wedding anniversary. He was a very fit and healthy fella so, as you can probably imagine, the shock of it all still reverberates today. My mum will never recover from it (she's 89 in May) - a big part of her went that day too

Today we have to go to town come rain or shine to pick up hubby's meds from the chemists. Hope it is something like fine because yesterday's horrible weather made the day so long and dreary.

Joy of joys, I've also got to go to the Deaf Club with oldest lad tonight and it's the AGM which will mean a lot more people and a lot more confusion for me when they all sign 50 to the dozen with me struggling to keep up. Think I'll volunteer for washing up and tea making duties tonight

Ah well, enough rambling.

Hope everyone has a better day today !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >