Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ume chika
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Walks in the Preston area?

do you know of walks in the preston area of lancashire? we live close to ribbleton park but its only small and want to know if there are any bigger dog freindly places to go nearby.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 02:21 PM
We used to live up that way. If you fancy a little drive 1st (less than 10 miles), go up to Longridge, to Beacon Fell...beautiful

http://www.visitlancashire.com/site/...try-park-p1730

Or over Blackburn way there's loads of walks round Tockholes, an amazing walk through the woods to the water
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Beacon Fell is lovely, as is Brock Bottoms and Nicky Nook (out towards Garstang/Cabus area)...

Cuerden Valley Park is nearby (Bamber Bridge) and although the main part is quite busy with dog walkers, there are several entrances that are much quieter.

Worden Park isn't too bad, but is very busy - lots of dog walkers, kids, sports going on, so it would depend on what you wanted to do.

Also - get in the car and drive to the Fylde/Wyre coast... Lytham beach is great for dog walking, as is Knott End beach
Shelley01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi Ume Chika,
have you tried the Rivington area, some nice walks around there, also Formby point is nice.
Someone has just told me that Haslam park in Ashton is nice although i've never been.
I meet up with a lovely group of people in Hurst Green park, Penwortham, they meet around 10.00 am most days and we let the dogs off for a romp together.
I will watch this thread with interest as it will be useful to me as well.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Cuerden Valley park is nice, as theres a few parts to it, and quite a way to walk.

Worden Park is nice (I live by it), it's better if you go in the day, as there are less people! Theres plenty of room not to bump into people (Teagan is dog agressive, and I walk there without bumping into anyone fine)
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2010, 06:52 PM
I'd support the going to Cuerden Valley - we used to love trekking round there when I used to live in Preston (grief, 5 years since I left, seems like forever).

My daily walk would take me from the Ashton Basin at the bottom of Shelley Road (or if lazy down the steps near Lane Ends) and along the canal toe path down to the park - Haslam Park I think - which is kind of off Blackpool Road, then back again.
ume chika
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2010, 02:06 PM
thast sounds great, will def check out Cuerden Valley as not too far from us for a good size park.
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I take Milo to Hyde park in Ashton he loves it has made some lovely doggy friends I'll take him to beacon fell when his recall is 100%