Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kilos'-'Serenity
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2012, 11:19 PM

5 years old One bad experience and Bash hates big, white and fluffys

I decided to post this because I saw a rescue staffy advertised as dog friendly and will always shy away if another dog shows displeasure at her, no dog is that predictable...

Bit of background.

Asha has always been the type of dog that thinks everyone and everything wants to play, and had never shown any aggression to any dog, she wasn't too sure about big fluffy dogs, but would just give them a wide birth instead of approaching.

In November, she was grabbed round the muzzle by a big white jap akita cross am bull, this dog always barks at every dog it sees and isn't bitch friendly, Asha got out by accident (the front door used to stick so you could pull it too, but had been fixed the night before so didn't stick this time). Bash didn't retaliate, just ran in the house shaking and sulked, 2 minor cuts, bit of savlon and nice and healed, but the scars seemingly run deep... So far sinse the incident, we had met other dogs and been fine, nothing big and white, but one day going down the canal, a dog on a barge barked at us, and Bash retaliated, barking back, scruff all sticking up, first time ever, the dog wasn't white or big, just barking. Then comes the big bit, a few weeks later, we were walking round the reservoir, saw and met plenty of dogs, but then we saw a big mostly white husky type, NI possibly, Bash initally approached ears down tail wagging, but before we were within 3 meters of the dog, she completly flipped out, making horrible noises barking snarling growling all in one, pulling for the dog and jumping, almost got off her collar but I grabbed her scruff and just held her there while the dog went past. I wasn't expecting it and having never seen this side of Bash before, it shook me up, but what was worse were all the dirty looks I got, because I, seemingly to them, have a psycho dog, less than 10 minutes later she was normal bash with a small sandy scruff ball, if only them same people could see her then

I now walk her on her harness not collar, and I'm not risking letting her off lead around other dogs incase a big white or a barker shows up.

So I now have a Rotti hater and a big white fluffy and barker hater, both caused by attacks/bites.

Kilo shocked me last week too, I know that he's not great with all dogs, but he's better off lead than on, and mostly obedient and with a brick so far (he's 8 ) he's never dropped it to go after a dog, he'll chase cats and squirrels without dropping the brick, but dogs I considered we were safe with because he's always just walked past, ok with his tail up all cocky, but he's never approached a dog, and when he's approached by other dogs, he just freezes, waits for dog to sniff and move on and on his way he goes, but this time, the dog growled at kilo, he charged, dropped the brick and kept nipping at her while she tried to get away. I apologised, the owner didnt seem that bothered, just carried on, The dog was fine, not that it makes it ok but with the brick carrying comes flat teeth, less likely to pierce.

I've learned my lessons, it seems like Kilo has spent more time on lead this past week than he did last year!

Sorry its long, I cant seem to do short posts.