Our sister sites
Our sister sites
saunderslady
New Member!
Female 

18-12-2008, 02:42 PM

hello dogsy world!

Hello,
I am new to the site. I have two blue pit bulls. One male and female. The male "champ" just turned a year old on nov.23,2008 and our female "jazzi" will be on on feb 16,2009.
Well jazzi is pregnant by champ. Accidently. We wanted to wait till both of them were older but sometimes things happen. So jazzi is now 61 days and I'm impatiently waiting. I've had two previous litters from my other pit bull (who is no longer with us R.I.P) so I'm pretty much prepared for this litter. I'm just a little nervous about jazzi being so young.

Is there anything I should watch out for or any complications that may occur due to her age. She is definetly more mature and laid back than champ but is she going to be mature enough to take care of her litter? Is her body mature enough to provide the pups what they need?
If anyone has suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and again hello dogsy world!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 03:33 PM
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi and welcome

Cant wait for pics!! As you prob know we dont have Pitbulls here (well not legal ones!) so would love to see yours!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 05:58 PM
hi and welcome,

Cant help on the questions am afraid, but i do think its really not good to breed this early at all, she is still a baby herself. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I would have thought it would have been better to get the pregnancy terminated early on rather than let her go through it so young. Having said all that its too late now so again hindsight !!

Also i might be wrong but I thought Pitbulls had been made illegal; in Colorado ? or is it just certain areas within the state?

Anyway that doesnt sound much of a welcome does it!! I dont mean to be so blunt but i do think its a shame for your dog to have to go through whelping so young.

By the way I love pits so its not a breed thing, i would have said it to anybody !!
still doesnt stop me from wanting to see piccies, bet their beautiful...

dani
saunderslady
New Member!
Female 

18-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hi and welcome,

Cant help on the questions am afraid, but i do think its really not good to breed this early at all, she is still a baby herself. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I would have thought it would have been better to get the pregnancy terminated early on rather than let her go through it so young. Having said all that its too late now so again hindsight !!

Also i might be wrong but I thought Pitbulls had been made illegal; in Colorado ? or is it just certain areas within the state?

Anyway that doesnt sound much of a welcome does it!! I dont mean to be so blunt but i do think its a shame for your dog to have to go through whelping so young.

By the way I love pits so its not a breed thing, i would have said it to anybody !!
still doesnt stop me from wanting to see piccies, bet their beautiful...

dani
Um...I guess pits are illegal in some parts of CO. Were from VA (husbands active army) and they allow pits on post. I've heard rumors that pits are illegal to have off post but I don't know... Still new to the area. As far as that being said around here they won't terminate pregnancies unless absolutely neccessary. I took her to the vet and they didn't see any concern cause she is pretty big for her size. Even though the vet didn't see any concern I'm still nervous bout her age. But n e ways hope all goes well and I will be posting pics soon.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi and welcome
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

18-12-2008, 06:43 PM

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Welcome to Dogsey
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Hello Alisha
A warm welcome to Dogsey, the friendly site for doglovers everywhere.
We are delighted to have you with us.
If you need help with posting pictures,
or with anything on Dogsey, please
Click here
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey!

Regarding your bitch being pregnant - I think she is going to need all the support you can give her, being only a baby herself. It maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to get prepared which means learning all you can between now and her giving birth and how you can help her. Physical maturity is one thing, mental and emotional are something else (in terms of development). Good luck with her, and hope all goes well.

Magic
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >