Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 09:51 AM

Tilly's new gaff!!!

In an attempt to stop Tilly sprawling all over the hall & attacking passing feet & generally being in the way, I decided to make her a new home. She was getting to big for her bed anyway & has now been banished under the stairs I've taken the door off & filled the cupboard with a duvet & she moved in yesterday - she loves it her own little getaway den!! I've also sat in there with her to try to avoid any guarding & I've also put a small cabinet where she used to lay to get the feet in the hallway and so far success no feet launching. Of course I had to clear out years of rubbish that gets chucked under there, the hoover has been evicted as have 60 million carrier bags!! when she's away for the day on Tues, I'm going to get in & give it a coat of emulsion as the walls are all mucky & scratched - may even put some pictures on the wall and charge her rent!!
last night I was purposely walking past loads & she didn't feet launch once!

here she is this morning after her walk all cosied up

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 11:41 AM
aw, lucky tilly having her own room she looks so comfy in there!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
aw, lucky tilly having her own room she looks so comfy in there!!

Not sure if my step daughter will be so pleased when she comes to stay (she moved back out 2 months ago) as I've used her quilt
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 12:21 PM
ohhh she looks so relaxed and has her own room now , the feet might be safe once more
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Awwww look at her all snug as a bug under those stairs! Great idea, I use mine for just that, and when we had the stairs put in, the guys couldn't believe I didn't want an actual cupboard under there, it's just perfect for the doglets, but they have to share it of course! I tell you something else too, if she's a bit iffy on firework night, you can drape something from the bannisters to "hide" her in there and she'll feel so much more secure, I used to do that with Cassie and it made her a lot better with all those scarey noises! Awww, bless her, she loves it!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Lovely, it's like a little den, Toby likes to lie under our stairs in one of his beds, i think they like the "closed in" feeling
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I think that's a great idea - somewhere quiet and away from everyone walking past - she evidently alreadys feels safe and cosy in there
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Well she's had some nice undisturbed sleep in there & seems a lot less of a grump today
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 04:55 PM
ahh! she looks all snuggly in there! i'd love to use that space for my 2 to have a big bed under there but it's occupied by 2 cat litter trays instead. i'd rather have the dog bed in the lounge than the litter trays so it'll have to stay that way!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Awww so cute. Lucky Tilly having her own nest.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >