Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 01:13 PM

My New Best Friend by Bradley - English Setter

Hello everybody, Bradley here.

Oh I can’t wait to tell you my story today, mummy bought me a wonderful gift home from Crufts last night, yes we all had special crufts pigs ears and other treats but look what mummy got especially for me:

Mummy remembered my first love – you may recall the beautiful Westie with the pink diamante collar that I saw at training classes, (hopefully I will get to go back there now that mummy has got some pennies again), In the meantime, mummy knew that I would never forget little Westie and hoped this special gift would help me to get over missing her so much. Isn’t she beautiful? I just love her to bits. Mummy wouldn’t let me show her around the garden though until we’d had the photos done, I wanted to show her all the muddy holes I’ve made, I’ll make one especially for her, right next to Whizzer, if she likes, then my two favourites will be at arms length when I’m laying out there with my pigs ear. I have to put them down the holes otherwise Ebony runs off with them and, as much as I like sharing and playing with Ebony, they really are my toys and, as such should be with me at all times. Plus, mummy got me this wicked big Piglet toy and Ebony tried to grab it off me, she pulled and I pulled back, in the end poor Piglet ripped apart at the seams and all this white fluffy stuff came out and blew around the garden, that was brill to chase around in the wind but mummy wasn’t very happy, mind you, she did come outside and chase it around too but then collected it all up and put it in the bin. I wouldn’t let her have the carcass though, its my Piglet and I’m keeping it, he’s buried next to baa lamb, beside the fence. I’ve also made a hole ready for eeyore but Giddy hasn’t let me get hold of him yet, I do like to be prepared though, the ground is lovely and moist, just right for digging at the moment.

I was disappointed that I wasn’t invited to go to Crufts but mummy said I would have been too young anyway, then I heard today that mummy has booked me into my first dog show, it is going to be the English Setter Association Championship show next month and Giddy will be taking me to show me the ropes. Ooh eck, I don’t know if I’ll be able to fool around at a championship show, does anyone have any idea?, I was hoping my first one would be good fun, you know, somewhere to have a bit of a bounce around with like minded pups. Mummy said that she wants me to go to this one as the judge bred granddad Leon and I’m very much like him, also this judge and her husband adore Giddy and have placed him highly before so mummy would be silly not to enter him. People think I’m a cross between Giddy and Leon so I should be just the judges “cup of tea”, apparently! My poor daddy Fabian is also very handsome yet no-one thinks I’m particularly like him, mummy wanted another boy like Fabey although she is very happy with what she ended up with, she said that she is very, very lucky that all her babies are very gorgeous, oooh mummy, you do make us feel good you know.

So, we’ve all been very busy what with Crufts and the house move. I have personally been supervising mummys packing and removing any items from her boxes that she simply doesn’t need to take with us. Well ok, that’s not strictly true, I’ve also removed some items that seemed particularly chewy or fluffy or sparkly too, but just because I don’t want mummy cluttering up our new place with just any old thing. I was also trying to get the parcel tape off the roll for her so she could seal the boxes, I think she thought I was going to run off with it and chew it up but nothing could be further from my mind, honest, I was just trying to nibble the edge so that I could pull a long piece off for her, I didn’t realise my teeth would sink in as far as they did and that the roll would wedge itself firmly on them, I did manage to pull it off with my feet but, by then, the roll had gone a funny flat shape with indentations on it. Mummy did try to pull off a strip afterwards but it just broke off where I had made the perforations, not my fault, I really was just trying to help.

Now I’ve got Westie to keep me occupied, mummy can get on with the packing and I’ll just cuddle Westie and think back to that lovely evening when we first met. That means mummy has to get on with the packing all on her own but I have offered to help and if she doesn’t want my help then so be it.

Hope you like the photos, big snuggly hugs to you all, love Bradley xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Hiya Bradley, Lennon here.
You mentioning white fluffy stuff blowing all over the garden reminds me of my mummy chasing it all over as well.

I was happily destroying one of my latest toys, and had got a few lumps of stuffing out, when mummy saw what was happening and came and took the toy off me! She then picked up the stuffing and put it back in my toy.

Well, I'm so cross at mummy, because she really spoiled my fun. My toy is now on the counter in the kitchen waiting for something called "sewing up". Not sure what that is, but it's obviously something very hard, as the toy's been up there for nearly two weeks now.

Apparently, after it has been "sewing up", I can have it back. When I do, I shall wait until mummy is in the shower, then I shall take it into the garden and remove all of it's stuffing just to show mummy how clever really norty boys can be.

Hee hee!

Love
Lennon
xx
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Hello Bradley, this is Max!

I am very jealous of your Westie! She looks lovely!

My mummy is very mean as I am not allowed squashy toys. It's because I try and find out what they are made of apparantly. Its not a good thing to do.

However, my Auntie Hevvur (Teagan's Mummy) bought me a very lovely SqueakyPig a while ago and he is my best friend.

He is very nice to take into the living room and lay down and squeak when mummy and daddy are watching the television box.

Then they usually take him off me and hide him and I try and find him - it is a great game and they play it every night with me!

Anyway, I bet you're looking forward to the show - I'm sure you will enjoy it (I don't get shown as I'm usually too dirty and too naughty)

Big licks

Max
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Hiya Bradley, Lennon here.
You mentioning white fluffy stuff blowing all over the garden reminds me of my mummy chasing it all over as well.

I was happily destroying one of my latest toys, and had got a few lumps of stuffing out, when mummy saw what was happening and came and took the toy off me! She then picked up the stuffing and put it back in my toy.

Well, I'm so cross at mummy, because she really spoiled my fun. My toy is now on the counter in the kitchen waiting for something called "sewing up". Not sure what that is, but it's obviously something very hard, as the toy's been up there for nearly two weeks now.

Apparently, after it has been "sewing up", I can have it back. When I do, I shall wait until mummy is in the shower, then I shall take it into the garden and remove all of it's stuffing just to show mummy how clever really norty boys can be.

Hee hee!

Love
Lennon
xx
Hi Lennon,

I'm sorry it took so long for me to write back, mummy was at work yesterday afternoon and late into the night, then she couldn't get her blooming internet to work this morning, I tried to show her which button to press but she said I mustn't touch the computer with my slobbery chops!, there's gratitude for you

Your mummy must be very clever doing that sewing stuff, my mummy can't do anything like that so our toys have to go to toy heaven if we have destroyed them beyond use. I would love a mummy that could mend things once I've destroyed them, you are so lucky Lennon. And I bet your mummy will mend it again once you've taken all the stuffing out again and let her have a game with you chasing all the white stuff, they love that don't they? I suppose its these little things that keep them amused

Hope to speak to you again real soon, Love Bradley xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Hello Bradley, this is Max!

I am very jealous of your Westie! She looks lovely!

My mummy is very mean as I am not allowed squashy toys. It's because I try and find out what they are made of apparantly. Its not a good thing to do.

However, my Auntie Hevvur (Teagan's Mummy) bought me a very lovely SqueakyPig a while ago and he is my best friend.

He is very nice to take into the living room and lay down and squeak when mummy and daddy are watching the television box.

Then they usually take him off me and hide him and I try and find him - it is a great game and they play it every night with me!

Anyway, I bet you're looking forward to the show - I'm sure you will enjoy it (I don't get shown as I'm usually too dirty and too naughty)

Big licks

Max

Hi Max,

Your squeaky pig sounds great fun and what a lovely game to play with your mummy and daddy, I wonder if I could get mummy to buy me one of those too, she tends to get us the quiet things so we don't make too much noise.

I'm glad you like Westie, she is lovely and soft and spongy to cuddle up to, she looks a bit like a cairn terrier now as she is a sort of peppery colour, its camouflage for when she's been down the hole, that way Ebony can't easily spot her laying on my garden

I bet you aren't too naughty for shows, and as for dirty, you should see me today, the mud has dried up in my garden so now it's all dusty, mummy said I look like I've been up a chimney

Speak soon, love from Bradley xx