Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 11:39 AM

Takara's going back in the ring

There's a young girl here in Sheffield who is really into handling and wants to get experience handling different breeds.
She's handled a few breeds in the ring but never a dalmatian. I've told her she's welcome to try Takara at ringcraft and if they get on ok I'll enter her into some shows with her.

We stopped showing originally when Takara had a phantom and started freaking out at other dogs. She's now a lot better but my knee has given up the ghost so there's no way I can show her.

I think it'll do Takara good to be handled by someone different and get used to judges going over her again so hopefully she'll be back in the ring next year

I don't care whether they get placed, and I'd rather do it myself with her but I can't so this girl may as well have a go with her.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi Lottie Hope it works out well for the three of you. Do keep us posted as it wil be interesting to hear how Takara and this young girl get on.

Good luck
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Thank you

I think they should get on ok, I've spoken to her and I'm happy that she is firm but gentle. I stopped letting the 'trainers' at ringcraft move her up and down for me because they kept yanking her neck and yelling at her if she crabbed.

Takara's not a very confident dog and is far better if you run with her and talk to her along the way, then she keeps her attention on you. The girl has promised me that's how she works dogs in the ring so I think they'll get on just fine

Fingers crossed x