Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2022, 06:42 AM

Sparkling Sunday 11th September 2022

Morning all. Yep the sun is sparkling off the sea this morning and it is low tide so a lovely early walk before the hoards get down there. Have good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2022, 10:09 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.
Sunny now but it was very foggy driving to Mark and Lauren's this morning.

Freya is now sleeping on the sofa after her breakfast and finishing her milk.
We get a bit of time to catch up on the news etc.,

brenda the sea is so pretty when the sun sparkles on it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2022, 03:43 PM
Good afternoon all

I love it when the sun glances off the sea. So beautiful.

Just our same old same old again, but it was a nice morning to enjoy it. Temperature just right and only a small breeze

Rosie is still lethargic so I'm on the point of thinking the Librela is no better that the Carprodyl Quadri and that they weren't the problem behind whatever is wrong. It's one of those difficult ones where you just know that something isn't right, but her bloods are fine so heaven only knows what's going on
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2022, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear Rosie isn't herself still Chris.
No wish to scaremonger but when Dillon was losing weight and a lot at a time in a matter of weeks, he had blood tests done.
They were good for a dog his age (10) his urinalysis test was not good but we already knew of the early stage kidney disease starting in July. It had probably progressed rapidly in those 5 months.

I of course got very excited that his blood tests were good but the vet pointed out blood tests do not necessarily show up a tumour for that to be ruled in or out, imaging would need to be done.
We were going to have the imaging done but as you know we never got that far in the end.

We were told to think about it due to his age and we had said we would not do anymore invasive surgeries or testing due to him having had the bloat the year before and two big operations and then the tumour off of his paw in the July the year we lost him.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2022, 05:24 PM
and there's the rub Lynn. She's 11 now. Do I want to put her through invasive testing only to find something where the treatment would be painful and only hold back for a limited time?

She's not losing weight (she's on a diet at the moment) so I'm fairly happy that it's not the big C, but who knows and who knows if I really want to know
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2022, 06:11 PM
Those were our thoughts too Chris.
Like Rosie he lived a long life for his breed and I hope a happy life.

We were through with invasive surgeries and tests he had been through enough.

We all get more lethargic as we age and if Rosie isn't losing weight and seems happy I agree to let her be.
Dillon got very lethargic but occasionally had the odd mad moment till a month or two before he went downhill.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2022, 06:30 PM
Has the vet tested for kc only that can cause lethargy? Maybe just a good vitamin supplement but it takes time for them to work.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2022, 09:55 PM
I mentioned it Brenda and she feels confident it isn't that. I also asked whether thyroid testing would be worth a punt, but the vet seems to be hanging everything on it being the effects of the meds.

Four days without now and still no improvement. Once we get to a week, I'll take her back and see where we go from there.