Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Longevity info on a pedigree

I was reading a boxers(Oz and Snoops uncle) pedigree on-line and someone had added the age that each dog was or had lived too when the pedigree was drawn up .. Is this normal ??
knowing your dogs come from long living lines seems a great idea to me ...Murf
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I was reading a boxers(Oz and Snoops uncle) pedigree on-line and someone had added the age that each dog was or had lived too when the pedigree was drawn up .. Is this normal ??
knowing your dogs come from long living lines seems a great idea to me ...Murf
I've read thousands of pedigrees, and have found it is not normal.

It is nice though. I always appreciate it when breeders are kind enough to collect pedigree information and make it available for others.

This is a Cavalier pedigree which shows ancestral information, including age at death for some. There is a collection on that site.

http://www.cochrancav.com/oldies/SCD.htm

Ruby
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 11:10 PM
On the online chinese crested database, each pedigree for any dog submitted has the dogs date of birth added, and when the dog passes the owner has the option to add the month and year the dog passed. I think this Is a good Idea. There Is also other Information we can gain from the database on dogs when searching them, breeders or dogs submitted to the database from a certain kennel.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Ive not seen it before - as its Boxers would be interested to know what age the dogs reached?

A vet we went to years ago once said that Boxers were lucky if they reached "double" figures
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:32 PM
The website that holds thousands of English Setter pedigrees has the facility to put date of death in..not many people have used it though
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Ive not seen it before - as its Boxers would be interested to know what age the dogs reached?

A vet we went to years ago once said that Boxers were lucky if they reached "double" figures
Most are 11,12,13.a couple 14 and one 15 ....
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 06:45 PM
No its not common but a good idea.
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2010, 12:26 AM

A vet we went to years ago once said that Boxers were lucky if they reached "double" figures.
The average lifespan of a Boxer is 8.9 years according to the Pullman breed longevity site.

http://users.pullman.com/lostriver/trends.htm

Ruby
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Nothing on the Bullmastiff database, though it prompted me to have a nose And nothing mentioned on the Bulldog one.

Can't access the Dobermann one, so can't say! Though there is a breeder that publishes the longlivety/health results of their own dogs on their website etc!

Can't link to them though
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2010, 05:51 AM
i think its a good idea , but have never seen it in action. if they also put cause of death, that would also be useful, especially if under 10.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >