View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:18 PM

Anyone living in scotland???????..........

I NEED YOUR HELP!!

I am trying to plan a week up there after christmas to do some house viewing

Does anyone know what airport is good to go to for staying in either the north or west of scotland?

Knowing my luck there is probably only one airport - in which case i've just made a total twit of myself!

Anyone with any knowledge of scotland at all please i need your help as i've not been there for many years and don't know it at all, so if anyone can advise the nice areas with good views and walks etc then please let me know.

Many thanks. x
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2007, 11:28 PM
For the west of Scotland it would either be Glasgow or Prestwick Airport. Glasgow Airport is just outside Glasgow and Prestwick is on the Ayrshire coast.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Glasgow airport is probably your best bet in the west. For north there is Inverness but I don't know where they fly to!
For walks and scenery, the west coast is great, Oban, the area around Loch Lomond, the Trossachs.

Hope this gives you a starting point
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Nah-there's more than one airport

Where are you meaning by North and West?

Glasgow Airport (about 8 miles from city centre) will see you within easy travelling distance to west coast,trossachs, Loch Lomond etc. Lots of easyjet flights from London airports.

Prestwick Airport (about 30 miles from Glasgow but excellent train link) really near to "seaside" Ayr, Troon, Saltcoats etc. Ryanair fly here.

Edinburgh Airport (few miles from city) on the east coast. Ryanair and Easyjet

Small Airport in Inverness (north) and bit bigger one in Aberdeen but don't know who fly's there from London apart from BA

OOh sounds exciting. I live about 3 miles from Glasgow airport and we are really near to lots of lovely places. Less than an hour from seaside, countryside and fabby shopping if that's your thing (its mine)

It's fairly easy to get round most of the country from Glasgow, Prestwick or Edinburgh as it's only wee really From Glasgow your looking at a 2 hour drive to Perth, and about 4 to Inverness or Aberdeen.

Have fun, it's a great place