Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Think the Kitten idea is out..

Well my parents neighbour (Sadie's owner) has just took in two kittens (there seems to be something about kittens lately) so when I visited my parents I asked if I could borrow a kitten to introduce to Louie. I know he is good with their male adult but that's because Prince has stood up for himself before and Louie respects him - to a degree, I'm sure Louie enjoys winding everyone up..

Anyway so I brought this kitten round to my parents and let Louie in to say hello and basically see how he reacted..

He smushed it with his chops first, then had to sniff it's bum and turn it around and lick it all over. The whole time this little poor kitten - is purring!

I think it was more excitement than anything - Louie does the same when we first get the rabbits out.. but he settles down.. I think a few more greets and see how goes before we decide a puppy or a kitten..
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 12:22 AM
If I hadn't had a cat before getting Visa I wouldn't have thought Isla would be on good terms with a cat, she's got a massive prey drive and when outside will chase cats out of the garden. Inside though she used to love playing with my other cat, although playing could be loosely translated into winding up!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Millue cant understand why our cat pebbles doesnt love her as much as we do. she really tries her best to be as endeering as possible laying low to the ground, making thos cute puppy growly noises and tries very hard to protend like she is ignoring the cat and then edges ever so slightly closer and then offers her the best toy she can find and still the cat ignores her.

Poor Millie she gets ever so frustrated her plans are ever so well thought out and the cat ignores and then she looses her temper and starts to bark at the ungreatfull feline while pebbles looks away waiting for the dog to edge close enough to launch an attack o.0''

the cat is 20 after all.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Standard behaviour of a young dog meeting a new animal, if you had a kitten you'd just obviously teach him limits of what's acceptable behaviour towards the kit, can't really compare a first meeting briefly with a kitten to how he'd be with one introduced into his home .
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Standard behaviour of a young dog meeting a new animal, if you had a kitten you'd just obviously teach him limits of what's acceptable behaviour towards the kit, can't really compare a first meeting briefly with a kitten to how he'd be with one introduced into his home .
I know.. he has learnt that he can go only so far with the rabbits, but it is his first time with the kittens.. I don't know it's still a toss up between a kitten and a puppy - but won't be until the new year for either.