Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 09:37 AM

I'm Going To Be An Auntie!!!

I cant hold it in any longer, My twin sister is pregnant!!! This will be the first grandchild for my Mother! She's excited to have human grandchildren (Apparently my dogs aren't good enough grandkids for her )

She is 9 weeks today. I've known since she was 2 weeks but really didn't want to say anything as it was too early, and I know it's still early, but everything is going great, and she is doing extremely well. Gestational diabetes runs in our family, as well as twins, So Lauren has been to the doctors several times already for tests and such, and I do believe her first ultrasound is this week.

We are all a little nervous that she'll be having twins... She cant stop eating, she feels like she's being sucked dry, she couldn't wear her jeans after 4 weeks, and she had a little spotting. I know that stuff happens with single births too, but it's more common with twins, so I guess we'll see...

I'm hoping not though, as we were alot of trouble for my Mom, she had a very hard time with us.

They've already bought a "family vehicle" with the two of them, 2 dogs and a 7yo step daughter, Lauren decided her little Mazda 3 wasn't big enough, so they bought a Mitsubishi Outlander...

This is going to be a LOOONNNNGGGG wait!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Congratulations to your Sister and her OH and of course also to you on becoming an Auntie soon.
I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly and she has 1,2 or more very healthy bouncing babies at the end of it.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Wahoo - congratulations! My sister told us with notes inside christmas crackers..

Hope everything goes well for your sister - and my parent's don't like being called the dogs grandparents either and can't understand why my MiL likes being called Grandma (when we send the dog to her)
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Congratulations!!!! Its sooo exciting isnt it? The first new addition to the family. Wonderful

Bring out the Champers!!

Hope everything goes okay
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys!

At least it's forcing me to go visit her in Ontario I hate going very far away and I'm seriously stressed about leaving Oliver with anyone. I've never been apart from him since I adopted him as his issues are a major problem. I have a place for him to go, a wonderful dog behaviourist who specializes in rehabbing aggressive dogs, and a friend... she's excited about having Ollie (he likes her) but it'll be really stressful for me

Just crossing my fingers she's not having twins
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Congratulations!

My sister has 4 kids (none of the pregnancies we were elated about but thats a different matter!) so i'm an aunty. My sister wont ever get to be an aunty though except to doglets!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 01:15 PM
My sister either... Kids would take away from my time with my dogs LOL. But we are 29 and Lauren and her OH decided it's time... Everyone is super hyped about this baby!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Congratulations and I hope the pregnancy goes well