Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2007, 04:19 PM

All Over At Last...

This is customarily the happiest part of my year. Christmas and New Year are now officially over, shops return to normal opening, and people stop with that irritating "Oh how lovely to see you...." rubbish. I must have one of those faces which is only good to see at Christmas, given that's when people generally say it.

All I need now is to see all the Christmas decorations down around the country, and I can once more return to a normal life for another year. For the first year in more years than I care to recall, I didn't even try to work at all. I shocked myself as not working, for me, is akin to taking a last breath. However, this year, I was determined to take from 23 Dec to 03 Jan off. And I did!

I've stuck to the new weight-training regime every day since starting, which consists of training five days a week, and taking the weekends off. Physically, the benefits are already showing and I can almost see stomach muscles where bloaty fat had started to take residence!

Even more impressive, I've stopped smoking! No patches, no drugs, no nothing. Just a realisation that I'm getting older, and old-age (when I reach it) is unpleasant enough, without me making it all the more unpleasant through killing my own lungs. I've been shocked at how easy it's been to stop. No real
negative effects to speak of as yet, though, in fairness, it's only been three days.

I can't quite see why people get irritated over giving up. I was getting more irritated at myself for smoking when I knew what it was doing to me. I think the fact that I had quite a few colds last year helped me to determine that smoking was no longer for me too.

Sooooo touch wood I'm on the right track to get myself much fitter and much more agile this year. Oh, and it looks like we might be moving house soon! Back into Lincolnshire, into a house that has fields quite literally right behind it. Perfect for the dog!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Another ex-smoker - YAY! Well done Maz
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Happy Moving!
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Good for you! I cracked the habit (fingers crossed) about six weeks ago too. Keep it up!
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks. Still going well here. I've been stunned at how easy it's been. I think I was just clever in waiting until I was 100% ready to give up.