Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2010, 02:00 PM

Poor Keisha's not well

my poor Keisha has a cough and sounds awful vet said he dosn't think it's kennel cough. Vet said 2 other puppies from the class have had it so its definitely contagious but the others responded well to antibiotics ,it just sounds bad she's eating well and it's hard to stop her playing as she barks when excited and that makes her start again i can walk her but can't mix her for about a week hope Katie dosn't get it, it's hard to keep them apart all the time so im trying to give them both lots of cuddles
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2010, 02:19 PM
If she is not on drugs you can give children benyline cough medicine or honey to help with the cough.

If it does not get better ask the vet to test or treat for Lung worm as the first signs of that are a cough after sleeping or getting excited
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
If she is not on drugs you can give children benyline cough medicine or honey to help with the cough.

If it does not get better ask the vet to test or treat for Lung worm as the first signs of that are a cough after sleeping or getting excited
Thanks for advice i will keep it in mind but ive just heard that out of the 6 at puppy class 4 are unwell so it must be some kind of virus she's still coughing but hope the antibiotics will kick in soon
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Yes most likely KC a lot of show goers are reporting cases of it after this week.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2010, 02:56 PM
My mum's pup has just been treated for lungworm, symptom being a cough but no signs of KC. She's doing a lot better on her course of Panacur, cough only rears its head when pup's had a mad case of the zoomies in the evening now. Worth treating for IMO as it's rife especially around the South East and doesn't tend to show many symptoms until too much damage has been caused.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh, I hope she gets better soon!