Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Spaniel7
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Apparantely im gay...

walking back from a short walk coming onto my street i saw 8 to 13 youths with 3 large status dogs, normally i would avoid them but because it was really hot and saba needed water i decided to proceed.....

as i walked past them i put her on my left so non of the dogs could get to her, then i started to get abuse that because i have a spaniel im gay.
i didnt respond and just carried on,now im getting tired of this as around here its a really common thing now is there anything i can do? the police just moves them on and they just go to another street or park.

sorry for the rant,

anyone else experience this?
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Yet another reason I am happy to live in the sticks.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:15 PM
That's a lot of village idiots to be hanging around together
Ignore them as best you can although not nice if you have to deal with people like that all of the time.

I think some people have ideas about what is a 'man's dog' and what is a 'woman's dog', I know I've heard a couple of men say that they weren't comfortable walking their wife's smaller dogs because they weren't 'men's dogs'.

Who cares what these people think though although I wonder if people see me walk past with my big tough dog (on the outside anyway ) and think I am a lesbian
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Idiots

You should've said - yup I'm actually very happy today!! when/if they reply tell em to google it
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I must be the gayest person alive then, cos I've had Spaniels all my life!

My advice? Ignore them, small minded people's opinions are rarely worth worrying about ime.
Spaniel7
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-08-2011, 07:29 PM
That's a lot of village idiots to be hanging around together
Ignore them as best you can although not nice if you have to deal with people like that all of the time.

I think some people have ideas about what is a 'man's dog' and what is a 'woman's dog', I know I've heard a couple of men say that they weren't comfortable walking their wife's smaller dogs because they weren't 'men's dogs'.

Who cares what these people think though although I wonder if people see me walk past with my big tough dog (on the outside anyway ) and think I am a lesbian.

lol i live in london no village people for miles

Its common around there for them to hang around in big groups,just really getting sick of it as i mostly happens on a day to day basis.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Spaniel7 View Post
lol i live in london no village people for miles
I noticed that just couldn't think of a better description that I could put on a family forum!
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:45 PM
A dog is a dog- they're unisex for people! Clearly their vocabulary is limited and calling someone 'gay' is the only way they can communicate with someone who doesn't buy a dog for its 'status'...
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Yes all they can/will do is move them on...but at leat its something

I get The opposite,they don't seem to like to see a 5foot 2 7 stone women walking a wolf it makes them feel inadiquate,they shout thing and try and get him to react..all from a safe distance tho,cos there pooping their pants realy
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Some kids are horrible! I'm much more scared of them than anyone else about. They just want a response dont they. I would love to beat them up but think I would loose

I had a horrible experience a few weeks ago when boys of about the same age were standing outside my front door.I waited ages but they were still there. In the end I picked the dog up (shes reactive), they asked to stroke her, I said no. He shouted really loud 'WELL F*** YOU THEN'

Not nice, having to stand there fumbling for the key with my barking dog with them standing there staring. The same people (I think) recently tried to break in too, so they are right treats. I am still young but already rant about 'the youth of today'!!!!!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »