Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:22 PM

Dog food review system on Dogsey?

I have run this by Azz and he said I could post the idea and get feedback from you guys. Following on from my thread "For our USA friends" and hearing that what I thought was a good review system - which apparently is not (Thanks Labradork)

I figured it may help to have a dry and wet food review system on here based on people's experiences and ingredients of the food as well as typical analysis as well as pro's and con's for example such and such food is cheap to buy in bulk but the main ingredient is cereal or wheat - a bit like the one in the above mentioned thread but with reliable reviews.

So what do you think? Am I on to something or not?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:34 PM
think its a good idea.. wouldnt effect me too much as i feed raw, unless your going to do where people buy raw from i.e. suppliers.

but yeah i think its a great idea for newbies who have no idea which food they should go for.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
think its a good idea.. wouldnt effect me too much as i feed raw, unless your going to do where people buy raw from i.e. suppliers.

but yeah i think its a great idea for newbies who have no idea which food they should go for.
Well I didn't want to include the raw diets because there is a separate area for that - but maybe one could be done for that too?

I should've done a vote system!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Well I didn't want to include the raw diets because there is a separate area for that - but maybe one could be done for that too?

I should've done a vote system!
well thats what i meant by it wouldnt really affect me as a member on here, but i can see how it would be good for other members and new members though.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Good for newbies, yes. But maybe have views rather than reviews?
e.g. BURNS:
from C&D: excellent for my GSD with allergies who thrived on it but didn`t suit a skinny one, I found as he lost weight. Had a few storage problems - it seemed to `go off` after a while so don`t get a big bag if you`ve got a small dog. Good product info and helpful website. Samples available.

then other people`s experience of it?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Good for newbies, yes. But maybe have views rather than reviews?
e.g. BURNS:
from C&D: excellent for my GSD with allergies who thrived on it but didn`t suit a skinny one, I found as he lost weight. Had a few storage problems - it seemed to `go off` after a while so don`t get a big bag if you`ve got a small dog. Good product info and helpful website. Samples available.

then other people`s experience of it?
Yes - that should work, maybe with a rating from the person also - so like 3/5?
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Good idea, I like the ratings system and a brief explanation on how the owner found the food would be good.
rossi roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2011, 07:55 PM
yes i think this would be a great idea as i am looking for a good quality natural food for Rossi it would be a great help to read how other dogs are doing on diffrent foods
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I think it would be great. I like C&D's idea, but although think a reliable pros and cons should be added - eg single protein source, contains grains or similar... But that said for some they may not mind various protein sources, or that it made some dogs lose weight, I know for mine that is a good thing, its keeping him nice and lean.
Just thought to add maybe a price per 15kg bag and how much you have to feed daily. Would probably be best to state for a dog weighing so and so amount rather than a full list. I would recommend 30kg as that is how much my baby boy is! Will have to have a think about anything else, but I really really like this idea. I want to know he is having the best food for him.