Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 07:46 AM

What do you.......

What do you feed your in whelp bitch, do you stay on the same food and just add something extra or change food? Just interested
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 07:51 AM
i feed the same just a little extra after 6 weeks ...... i have found that changing to a higher protien food upsets mum's tummy ..........at around 7 week i offer a little extra meat .....not much just little once a day

mine are like ganets when they have whelped they eat me out of house and home but they are not big eaters in the last week or so so i just make sure it's good food........
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Ava has been very piccy for the past week, sure she will pick up again soon, looking back in diary 2003 when she had her 1st Litter she was like this for about week to 10 days. Have had to add meat to get her to eat already
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 01:47 PM
i feed my girls raw but when in whelp i start them on burns puppy as well, i start this at about week5 or 6 depending on how meany i think there having
shalocaboxers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2005, 09:13 PM
I have had Ashanti on Burns Canine Extra since about week 4, and added some meat to her diet not long after the pups were born. She didn't eat the meat however and would use her nose to fling it out of her food.
She now "hoovers" up after the pups have finished eating their food. I'm weaning them onto Burns mini-bites.
She seems to have done OK, and as long as she looks OK and seems happy then I have no worries.
Lorraine
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2005, 10:00 PM
My two (when or if they eat) are now on Burns Canine Extra!

My two have hardly ate for nearly 3 weeks now, my vet said they were fine and as long as they are eating a little then it's ok, must admit I don't like it though. Today has been a good day, they ate a dish of minced beef, 3 chicken wings and 2 sausages each!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Ava's food intake improved a bit yesterday so that's good......she seems to want the meat more at mo.