Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Micky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2008, 08:09 PM

Tellington Touch

Has anyone ever heard of this or tried it?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I went to a day course on this a couple of years ago and found it to be very interesting indeed. I do parts of it on my two now, like the circle motions on the body and the earwork. It seems to give them a sense of calmness and they seem so relaxed with it.

Molly, who is quite independant and will lay beside you for a while then get up and move to her bed actually lies beside me for ages when I'm doing it.

Dale's Mum on here also went to a day course on TTouch and also found it to be beneficial to her BC. Perhaps she'll tell you of how she has found it.

Google it and you'll find some info also.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Haven't used it here as never had the need, but I do understand that it is a useful tool that works. I watched a woman on TV doing it with a cat that was blind and really stressed, you could see the cat really relaxing
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 07:35 AM
I used it on my rescue girl when we first got her to help her relax and settle in, and continue to use it because it helps create a good bond between us.

When she first came here her muscles were all very tense due ( I would think) to a long time in kennels. Daily massage did the trick and got her all nice and loose again.

I'd recommend it.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 12:37 PM
I recently did a 2 day introductory course with the great Sarah Fisher.
I use it now on our old X breed and our FCR...and the new pup too,not sure I do it totally right and I have to say I haevn't tried the groundwork exercises, but I do tend to 'TTouch' rather than 'stroke' dogs a lot now and I am aware of senstive areas for them much more and how I can help to alleviate it and the impact it has on them and their behaviour.
It's fascinating.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I bought the book ages ago and borrowed a video from a friend and have now tried it on my dogs, they seem to like it, I find it quite relaxing as well (whilst doing the dogs), at a show last week Rufus was over excited (its Basenji breeding season) and I gave him an all over the body massage then his gums, which was the first time I'd tried that on any of them, and then just stood and did his ears while we were waiting to go in the ring, by this time he was almost asleep!!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I think TTouch is a really useful tool.
I started because I was looking for ways to help Dale relax and to strengthen my bond with him and then I discovered there was more to it than I'd realised. Dale didn't like circles but enjoyed some of the other moves while Chip let you do circles all day on him. Surprisingly Dale did like body wraps though I can't imagine taking him out with them on. He has gone out with the little legs bands on and we're trying some groundwork .
Most people do circles but there are lots of other things you can do and you quickly discover what suits your dog. Its nice to sit around and relax with a dog and it does help to strengthen the bond with them.