Our sister sites
Our sister sites
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2007, 08:05 AM

got no electricity!!!!!

morning all,

dont know how the storms yesterday affected everyone but i've been left with no power since yesterday tea-time! was sat in my living last night with my little gas fire on and candles all around!!! sat on the floor with the doggies with my cosy blanket all over us!!! let them sleep upstairs too cos i think they were a bit scared!!

this morning still no electricity, so no cuppa when i got up (definitely not good). was walking round the house with a torch, bet i looked like a burglary or something!! was fun putting my makeup on by torchlight, i dread to think what i looked like when i got to work!! couldnt take dogs out on normal walk either because all the street lights are out too, so was a bit spooky, plus all the fence panels are down so sam would have had a field day nosing in peeps gardens. so i just had to walk them on the green in front of my house, not ideal i know but didnt feel confident walking them both on leads down dark lanes! left them sulking a bit when i left for work poor little doglets!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Sorry to hear you got no power and more importantly NO CUPPA thats bad.

One of my colleges took the day off yesterday because she had no power not that she needs power to get to work well she's always looking for excuses not to come to work.
I would of covered my head and got into work early and done the make up their instead while having a cuppa hope you get your power back soon and do your dogseying (don't like the other word) at home.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Luckily our power is unaffected, quite a surprise as here we are prone to frequent, short power cuts which - I was told by someone when I rang to report it once - is due to leaves falling on the power lines!

Anyway, back to you!

I saw on the news this morning that many places are without power, little comfort I know but at least you know they are working to restore it.
Hope your make up was OK!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 08:56 AM
hope things return to normal soon. i too would be lost without the internet

sue
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Hey Springer Girl you should have popped in for a cuppa, we have power in Stockton Heath.....
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Half the power in Winsford was off last night. We had a really busy night in our shop because of it, so i cant say it was a bad thing for us! LOL
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Hey Springer Girl you should have popped in for a cuppa, we have power in Stockton Heath.....
hey fudgeley i might hold you to that later on.....
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 11:05 AM
We've had Three power cuts in the last month or so,the last one being 2 nights ago although it only lasted 10 mins,also had a water cut last month(burst pipe or something) for about 12 hours which was a mare !!
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
We've had Three power cuts in the last month or so,the last one being 2 nights ago although it only lasted 10 mins,also had a water cut last month(burst pipe or something) for about 12 hours which was a mare !!
talking of water cuts....we're always having them near me! last one was at the weekend, lasted 12 hours. they put a water tank at the bottom of the road! worst one was last summer which lasted 2 days. i dread to think how smelly i was.....:smt043
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 11:26 AM
My friend is just on her way over for a hot bath, a cuppa and some toast. She's mad, she could have rung me last night, she only lives 12 miles away and she's had no electric since yesterday afternoon. She's taken the morning off work to get organised and will go to work from here.

I was so lucky, living in a park home I was convinced we were going to take off at some point, someone must have been watching over me, thats all I can say.

Apart from the fence panels that are in the dyke and the garage door that flew off and is in the paddock, we emerged relatively unscathed. Had a power cut for about 30 minutes but then normal service resumed.

I'm so sorry for everyone that has been badly effected, I had assumed we would be worse off out in the sticks with no shelter to stop the wind, but it would appear that many people in towns were really effected.

Hope it's all back to normal when you get home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >