Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annie&Dougie
New Member!
Female 

10-12-2010, 07:36 PM

Anastomosis

My dog had intestinal Anastomosis two days ago as he had a ball lodged in his intestines. He was vomiting yesterday but not as much today. He is drinking but not eating yet. He is quite alert and on a drip. There is no infection but the vet doesnt seem to have much hope. I am so heartbroken. I really want him to get better. Is there hope?
Annie&Dougie
New Member!
Female 

10-12-2010, 07:50 PM
By the way guys I am new to this site and hope I am using it right. I love my dog so much and just needed some support
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi Anne-Louise, welcome to Dogsey.
So sorry to hear about your doggy, I hope he improves soon.
I'm sure the vets are doing all they can.
I have my fingers crossed for the both of you and I'm sending loads of Dogsey vibes.
Keep us informed of how he goes on xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Hello there, and my heart goes out to you.

Maybe your vet is a glass half empty kind of chap, and doesn't want to raise your hopes too much. I will keep everything crossed for you.
Annie&Dougie
New Member!
Female 

10-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Thank you so much. I will keep you posted. He is a wee fighter so he has that on his side
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Please do keep us informed. The fact that he is drinking is a good thing, so chin up and join him as he fights.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Hope it goes well for you ,in the human world an anastomosis where they rejoin the gut generally goes well , dont know it its the same in the doggy world but hope you little woof recovers , take care both x
Annie&Dougie
New Member!
Female 

10-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Thankyou. Going to try and get out of work for an hour tomorrow just to see him. Although the guilt of leaving him is bad.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Please don't feel guilty............you are doing everything that you can for him, and although you want him at home he is in the right place just for now.

It's horrible I know having to leave your dog at the vet, but with luck and your dog's fighting spirit it will all be worth it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi there we are in a similar situation at the moment our dog was admitted into hospital last Thursday evening with collapsing of the back legs.

So far nothing has revealed why and it has been a waiting game he is slowly starting too improve and if he continues to do so or does not go into decline again he will be coming home Monday which I must admit none of us thought he would come home again. So please keep your spirits up and although we feel terrible at leaving them there as hard as it is for us they really are in the best place for help.

I am keeping everything crossed that he/she is home with you soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >