Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 07:08 AM

Fungus Toe Nail

I know this is not a very nice subject but the other day I was taking my nail varnish off and my toe nail came off

I didn't remember damaging my nail so thought this was strange I was talking to someone yesterday about it and they asked what the nail was like that came off - I said it was really thick and a yellowish colour! They said it sounds like a fungal infection and to get down the pharmacy as it can spread

Well I went to the pharmacist and they gave me some cream called fungarest, I asked if I should apply the cream to the other toes and she said no - just the toe where the nail has fallen off.

Has anyone heard of this, and should I be putting something on the other nails?

I apologise for the yucky subject!
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi Shaza

My Dad suffers with dodgy toenails but only on his big toes where he wore plimsoles which were too tight.
Every now and again he gets a fungal infection which loosens the toe nail & then after a couple of weeks he's then waving said toe nail in my poor mum's face telling her it came off again:smt078
He has to put some cream on them this time but as far as I know it only went on the manky toes.
Hope yours clears up soon mate xx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Be very carefull with fungal nail infections, they can spread to other parts of your body.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Nicky1979 View Post
Hi Shaza

My Dad suffers with dodgy toenails but only on his big toes where he wore plimsoles which were too tight.
Every now and again he gets a fungal infection which loosens the toe nail & then after a couple of weeks he's then waving said toe nail in my poor mum's face telling her it came off again:smt078
He has to put some cream on them this time but as far as I know it only went on the manky toes.
Hope yours clears up soon mate xx
Think I'll go to a different pharmacy and see if they say any different! As one of my other nails looks a little discoloured I'm really embarrased about this

Originally Posted by nero View Post
Be very carefull with fungal nail infections, they can spread to other parts of your body.
What! Where? I do hope your joking