View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Ignorant, iresponsible owner but it will be the dog that pays!

I posted on here a while back about a Husky that had killed a Yorkie here

Despite the owner being warned by the Community Safety Officer that he had to keep his dog under control, and what failure to do so would mean, he has continued to let his dog off lead, unmuzzled and it has continued to harass and attack other dogs.

It also recently came to light that 2 weeks before it killed the yorkie it attacked a pug and drew blood on the pug owners leg.

So now the police are going to court to for an Order to seize the dog under the dangerous dogs act.

What makes me so angry was that none of this had to happen, none of it was inevitable, all they had to do was be just a little bit reasonable. What an idiot that owner must be to think he could just let his dog run around doing what it pleased and there would be no consequences! Why would anyone with an iota of sense even think it is ok to let their dog behave the way this one did? How can someone be so lacking in empathy that they have so obviously have no concern for the life and well being of any dog that is not their own?

But who is going to suffer, probably be PTS? Unfortunately not the stupid owner.

J.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Oh thats terrible! That poor dog - how selfish of the man!!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 11:30 AM
one of my breeds let down again ffs!!
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:24 PM
yep, it'll be the poor dog that suffers the consequences of the owners actions (or lack of)

Id be distraught if something happened esp if my dog did all that...Id never let it off the lead (and being told not to)

Such a sad world be live in today...
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:41 PM
which is where dog ownership tests and banning the sale of pets in pet shops should be implemented.

Poor dog
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Poor dog. Was an article in a breed magazine this month about a puppy GSD who 15 years ago escaped from his house & followed his kids to school, where the other children in the playground ran around screaming & some were nipped by the pup. It went to court & the dog was sentenced to be destroyed but somehow he disappeared. The article was published now as that pup was smuggled from place to place until he ended up at the opposite end of the country. He has just died at 15 having been a great ambassador for his breed for over 14 years. Owner not dog in this case never mind deed not breed.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
one of my breeds let down again ffs!!
Afraid so Definitely the breed of choice at the moment, seeing more and more of them...

Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
which is where dog ownership tests and banning the sale of pets in pet shops should be implemented.

Poor dog
Exactly! Bought from a pet shop, on impulse, by novice owners. Not a good start, but he was a lovely boy and I'm sure he would have been fine...in the right hands.

J.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I would guess that it is not because the owner thought he could let the dog do as it wished and get away with it. It is more than likely that the owner cares very little about the dog and therefore had no fear of the consequences of such actions.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post

Poor dog
Also I believe breeders need to be regulated.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I would guess that it is not because the owner thought he could let the dog do as it wished and get away with it. It is more than likely that the owner cares very little about the dog and therefore had no fear of the consequences of such actions.
Sadly I agree with this. The owner obviously has little regard for his own dog nor anyone elses
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >