Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2006, 04:18 PM

Found a class!!!!

I'm so pleased!
I've finally found a class to take Takara to!

I've been looking for one that I can afford and which I don't have to pay for a course because I'm ill often I didn't want to waste a lot of money on lessons I can't get to.

I've found a class which is every Monday, £5 to join and £2.50 every week!!! How good is that!

I'm going tonight (with the pooch) just to watch and see what techniques they use, make sure that Takara gets on with the dogs and trainers there before I join. I want to make sure that I agree with the way they do things and speak to the trainers first.

I think, from what my friend says they do the Good Citizen Award there! yay! I was hoping I could start that with her!
Really the only thing she has trouble with is heelwork and if we can just get that sussed she's so bright she'll pick everything else up! It will also mean that she'll (hopefully) be ready for a PAT assessment as I think the only thing stopping her is the pulling on the lead, she's so calm now around people that I have a really good feeling about this and it will also mean if she can get used to walking to heel around other dogs it will be a lot easier to control her in our group when she's onlead!

Wish us luck! I'm not going for long as I have soooo much to do! But I'm really looking forward to it!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Wow well done Lottie!! I still have not found one for Roxy

I have found a 1 on 1 trainer but she is £70 then £25 per hour . Ouch!

Good luck on your first day!
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Wow, thats really good value - hope you and T get on ok and it will be no time at all before she is an official Good Citizen and PAT dog!

Good luck
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2006, 05:28 PM
hope you get on ok, now thats what i call a bargin
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks guys!
thanks Daysleeper! It's nice to know people believe in us! (dalmatians are untrainable blah blah blah)
Yep! Good bargain!
Nathalie that is expensive Good luck finding somewhere!

I'm not sure exactly what it'll be like, but I have trained her quite well so far already (watch her prove me wrong!) and I'm in it mainly for getting her used to behaving around other dogs! And of course, going through the proper channels for Good Citizen's Award!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Thanks guys!
thanks Daysleeper! It's nice to know people believe in us! (dalmatians are untrainable blah blah blah)Yep! Good bargain!
Nathalie that is expensive Good luck finding somewhere!

I'm not sure exactly what it'll be like, but I have trained her quite well so far already (watch her prove me wrong!) and I'm in it mainly for getting her used to behaving around other dogs! And of course, going through the proper channels for Good Citizen's Award!
Have these people never seen 101 Dalmations???
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2006, 09:42 PM
LOL - yes but remember that Pongo dragged his owner into a pond!

It's a common misconception that dals are untrainable and when I decided I was getting one, I was warned off by many people!

Since having Takara a trainer turned round to me and said 'if you wanted a dog to lay by the fire you got the wrong dog' all Takara does is sleep!!

Personally I think they're very bright - just not got a very long attention span! Bless 'em!