Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 11:40 AM

The wanderer returns!! Holiday over

Hi all,

That's us back from our hols, had a great time. We went to Skye, Applecross, and Inchnadamph which were all great (loads of photos when I get round to putting them in photobucket!!) Then we went to Thurso witth the idea of a day trip to Orkney...but didn't have a good experience in Thurso so left a day early!! Sorry if anyone is from thurso, we must just have been unlucky as everyone we met was rude, the only pub that allowed dogs in didn't serve food, the accomodation was terrible, the bed uncomfy (and held together with cable ties - I kid you not!!) the window wouldn't shut so had to listen to boy racers using the street like branshatch and I was in such a foul mood Orkney would have been a pointless exercise. Still intend to go but will get ferry from Aberdeen!!

Off to catch up on posts
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Good to have you back Lynne
Shame you had to cut your holiday short, you should have come to sunny Devon
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Welcome back, Lynne. Sounds like you're happy to be home......

x0x
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm sure you enjoyed it uptil Thurso, shall look forward to the photos.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 07:29 PM
glad to see your back,
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
glad to see your back,
We made lots of new friends, a collie cross (jet) a Utonagan x (logan) a wee terrier cross (Clootie) AND in the pub on the 3rd night some woman came up and said her dog was really bad around other dogs but as Ben was just lying there peacfully and behaving could she try introducing her dog to Ben

I explained about Ben and she said "Och no he's a wee sweetheart" and proceeded to bring vocal growly black GSD x towards us

Ben was great and never even got up

And soon the two were lying together. Much to my relief. He looked up at us a few times but no aggression., no lips no nothing.

Thats my boy!!

Will post about his experience with HORRIBLE child later/tomorrow...I have to say If I had been Ben I would have bitten the child...but that is another story.......
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
We made lots of new friends, a collie cross (jet) a Utonagan x (logan) a wee terrier cross (Clootie) AND in the pub on the 3rd night some woman came up and said her dog was really bad around other dogs but as Ben was just lying there peacfully and behaving could she try introducing her dog to Ben

I explained about Ben and she said "Och no he's a wee sweetheart" and proceeded to bring vocal growly black GSD x towards us

Ben was great and never even got up

And soon the two were lying together. Much to my relief. He looked up at us a few times but no aggression., no lips no nothing.

Thats my boy!!

Will post about his experience with HORRIBLE child later/tomorrow...I have to say If I had been Ben I would have bitten the child...but that is another story.......
big up my lad ben hes such a spud, cant wait to hear about the kid......the mind boggles lol