Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 09:57 AM

Working Cocker spaniel

He is 3 years old, neutered, black and has been docked (I am attempting to find out if all the paperwork is in place, but it looks like it probably is).

The Back story.....

He was brought by a lady with Cancer (I think she took him on as a rehome as he is in his 4th place), basically to give her a reason to live. However, it became apparent that she was not able to give him what he was needing (exercise wise) so a local lady started walking him for her with her dog. While this was happening, the Owner sadly died. Leaving the dog with the walker, as he was fitting in Ok with hers, she took responsibility for him and started doing a bit more work etc with him.

I saw him for a 1-2-1 session to look at Jumping up/lead walking issues.

The lady has now had him for 3 months and cannot sort 2 things - one is house soiling (he is fine if crated and is crate trained) the other is barking through the night. He was in the habit of being with someone who let him out as and when, so consequently, if he needs to we, he will bark, (waking up the lady and 2 children), she gets up, lets him out and he settles straight away. He has got better, he used to bark all through the night, now it is just 3 and 5 am. however, it is taking a toll on the children and the relationship the family have with the dog.

He is very loving, desperate for affection. Never displayed any signs of aggression. Comes from a working kennels and is working bred through and through but also KC reg'd.

He has not issues with Jumping up in his present house and his basic obedience is great, he goes off lead on walks and has a fantastic recall. He also lead walks nicely now.

He is Ok in his current home for now, the owner is very concerned that his next home should be his forever home.

I think he would probably make a fantastic agility or HtM dog, or if someone wanted to do some field work with him.

He is local to me, so I can get pictures if people are interested.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Awww bless him, he sounds a lovely lad...hopefully someone will be able to take him and offer him that forever home x