Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-07-2008, 03:32 PM

Exporting Semen to Washington DC

Hi there

I am quite new to Dogsey but think it's a wonderful site with very friendly people on it and I need some help & advice please!

I am the proud owner of 3 Irish Setters - Duke, Rusty & Jenson (aged 9.5, 8 and 4.5 years old). Jenson was sired by Duke and there was a subsequent litter 2 years ago. Both litters produced lovely pups and they all went to good homes. The only reason we put Duke to stud was to keep the line going for the lady that bred Duke back in 1998 and we still keep in regular contact with her now. Sadly Duke is not up to any more stud duties and I have advertised his son, Jenson, for stud duties so that I can still keep the line (Jenson is hereditarily CLAD and PRA clear) and is in good health.

I have been contacted by a lady from the States asking if it would be possible to export semen to her (also asked for some further pictures and his pedigree). I spoke at length with my local vets and they said this is not uncommon (I was a little sceptical before this). I have been in contact with the Kennel Club and they in turn have given me a contact in the South East that does this sort of work. I haven't spoken with them yet but will be following this up shortly.

My question is does anyone know what sort of costs involved and if there is anywhere in the South West (a bit closer to home) that I may be able to contact?

Thanks everyone in advance.