Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2008, 01:40 PM

Calling all dog showing people in Ireland

I am moving to NI in November from Germany (forces) do you know if they run many dog coaches from Ireland to UK?
I know that there are quite a few shows in Ireland but I would also like to go to some back in the UK. As the ferries are so expensive it would be the cheapest option really.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Be aware that there are two different Countries on the island of Ireland so the situation can be very different according to which jurisdiction you are in.
I can only speak for ROI and I am not aware of any dog coaches as such to Britain and quite a few make the trip. Nobody I know who shows and lives in NI has ever mentioned it, we all seem to be in the same boat (no pun intended!) regarding expensive ferry fares as those who go over to Britain to show take a car over as far as I am aware. There is only one general champ show in NI, a few breed shows and Opens under the UK KC but none in ROI obviously, but there are some Irish KC champ shows in NI as well as ROI and it's quick and easy to register your dog for IKC shows if you want to get involved in FCI shows. Otherwise, it looks like ferry trips by car!
I can ask around at the next Champ show but I'm not going to one again for a while. It might be worth contacting the KC or coach companies?
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Be aware that there are two different Countries on the island of Ireland so the situation can be very different according to which jurisdiction you are in.
I can only speak for ROI and I am not aware of any dog coaches as such to Britain and quite a few make the trip. Nobody I know who shows and lives in NI has ever mentioned it, we all seem to be in the same boat (no pun intended!) regarding expensive ferry fares as those who go over to Britain to show take a car over as far as I am aware. There is only one general champ show in NI, a few breed shows and Opens under the UK KC but none in ROI obviously, but there are some Irish KC champ shows in NI as well as ROI and it's quick and easy to register your dog for IKC shows if you want to get involved in FCI shows. Otherwise, it looks like ferry trips by car!
I can ask around at the next Champ show but I'm not going to one again for a while. It might be worth contacting the KC or coach companies?

Oh well looks like I will only be going back to Britain for Crufts and breed club shows then
I really hoped that we would get the other posting in England but that is the army for you
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes, I know what you mean regarding the army!
If I find anything out in the meantime, I'll let you know!
The ferry companies sometimes have deals in conjunction with certain shows and advertise in the schedule, but the ones I have seen have been to attract people from Britain, not the reverse!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Were in the north will you be, pm me hun.xx
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2008, 02:28 PM
If I find anything out in the meantime, I'll let you know!

Thanks