Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2008, 03:12 AM

Koda Wants To Sleep Outside.....:S :S

Ok, For the Past 3 nights now Koda goes outside for his nightly wee etc about 11pm.....and he then goes into his kennel and falls asleep...:S..he NEVER goes in it...
so we ushered him in after a while but then he just sits by the back door crying until u let him out and he goes straight to his kennel and lyes down.....
he wont sleep upstairs at all and as i type this hes lying by the backdoor....(inside) but wanting to get out...
what could be making him want to do this? our house is heated but not overly hot, hes always got access to water.....he sleeps on the floor as a bed is too hot for him indoors now...any doggie psychologists?

I know hes a huskamute...but hes still my baby...or am i being pathetic lol?

xx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 07:45 AM
There's not a mouse or anything out there is there? I only ask as I know Tonto is the same if there is something in the garden for him to prey on, although he doesn't have a kennel just pesters. But if he did have a kennel I could imagine him doing that......til the cold froze his tummy as he doesn't have the fur coat Koda does.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 08:36 AM
No sensible suggestions, Tiff, sorry. Hope you get it sorted.... x

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 09:35 AM
No advice but I used to own a BC that would do that, we just let her choose....she chose her kennel at night Maybe he just preferes it.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Mack refuses to sleep on any dog bed we have loads , he always chooses the floor and he is happy that way, I have stopped fretting about it, he has a kennel outside after he kept pestering me to go out during the summer at night. My advice would be let him decide, but just make sure your garden is really well dog proofed, and that nobody can get in aswell,. I was more worried about someone stealing him, so installed big security light next to the kennel He chooses to sleep indoors at the moment, but i know once the weather warms up, he will want to be outside.

Just make sure the kennel is draught free and sheltered, and he has nice warm bedding in there .
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 01:18 PM
royce one of my rotties wouldnt live indoors, I got him at 18 months old and he had always been kept in a kennel, we tried lots of stuff when we got him, but he hated being inside, so in the end we built him a huge kennel and run,....