Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2013, 10:08 AM

PAT Dog dies in hot car on hottest day of the year

Sorry if this has already been posted anywhere, but I just saw in the Daily Mail about the poor Labrador who was taken to a school to provide therapy for kids, but ended up getting left in a car and died

Apparently it was down to a mix up with people not coming to collect the dog, but the end result is really tragic Poor poor labrador. What was he doing being left in a car in the first place! - Surely the school had an office or spare classroom somewhere that they could have put the dog in - Even if it was the staff room.

I feel for everyone involved, but can't help but get slightly frustrated with this article. Nobody checked on the dog until 2.45pm surely thats after several breaks and lunches if i remember back to my school-days.

Just thought to share, sorry again if it has already been posted feel free to delete!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-20C-heat.html
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Poor Ruby
Its outrageous that nobody went to check on her for all that time!
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Very tragic indeed. But I don't care who was supposed to pick her up, it is the owners responsibility to make sure she was picked up as planned. It might sound harsh on the bloke who has lost his dog, but its how I feel.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2013, 12:31 PM
very very sad, but i don't think being mean about the owners will help. they are paying the biggest price for their mistake and they don't need loads of people pulling over it on a forum. IMO.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
very very sad, but i don't think being mean about the owners will help. they are paying the biggest price for their mistake and they don't need loads of people pulling over it on a forum. IMO.
I'm afraid I disagree, this was avoidable, and I stand by what I said. People have got to take responsibility for their actions.
lablover21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Oh that's so sad RIP Ruby
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
Very tragic indeed. But I don't care who was supposed to pick her up, it is the owners responsibility to make sure she was picked up as planned. It might sound harsh on the bloke who has lost his dog, but its how I feel.
Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
I'm afraid I disagree, this was avoidable, and I stand by what I said. People have got to take responsibility for their actions.
and I agree with you!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2013, 02:37 PM
There is enough blame to share around in a case like this, owner and person who should have got the dog can be equally sure they did the wrong thing. But the owner is paying a high price for their guilt.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2013, 02:55 PM
They didn't mean for this to happen and I'm sure if they could, they'd take it all back in an instant. I've been in several situations like this, where if I had known something horrible was going to happen, I'd have taken it all back from the beginning.

People aren't perfect, they can make careless mistakes. They DO make careless mistakes. It's happened for thousands of years. I wonder, have people "taking responsibility" done anything to stop or slow careless mistakes? I'd like to think not... but maybe I am wrong.

Things happen, accidents happen, "preventable" things happen ALL the time, it's part of life. It's absolutely horrible that this accident happened, and it COULD have been prevented, true... very true.

Is the owner "taking responsibility" for their actions going to make anything better? Is it going to bring the dog back? Is it going to make them feel less guilty? Who is that going to help? What is that going to help? How is that going to help?

Does anybody honestly think that if this is thrown in their faces, that it will make them any more careful for next time then if.. say.. people were sympathetic. I don't think so. I think they will be WAY more careful next time regardless of what's said to them.

It's only going to help you, the "nay sayer" to feel better. Your anger towards the situation is the only thing that might be diffused by pointing a finger at a person. And you had nothing to do with the incident, so how does that truly help anybody in this situation?

I think that sometimes, it is a good idea to be critical of a situation and that it will indeed make a person think about what they did, but in this situation... I don't think it will do any good.

I agree with EmmiS in this regard "i don't think being mean about the owners will help"

How could that possibly help?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2013, 03:34 PM
When will these dog owners learn What a waste of a lovely dog and what a dreadful painful death it had.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >