Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-09-2011, 04:07 PM

I love my neighbour but...

...she does get carried away a bit when spending my money! I know I asked her to please get four kilos of chicken wings and four kilos of turkey necks, but I did not expect her to come home with two huge carrier bags full of backs as well!

She said Oh well, they had just come in so I bought the lot for you!

The problem is that she also rather overdid the vegetable shopping as well, and I have now run out of both fridge/freezer and upright freezer space as I dare not leave anything out because of the mice...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Better to have more than less though I suppose.

I'd love if my neighbour did my shopping - wouldn't have to spend bus fair then.

Don't have any suggestions re the freezer space though..
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 04:13 PM
It's a shame you don't live in the UK - this time of year you could leave it outside and it'd be cold enough !!

Malka
Dogsey Veteran

01-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Better to have more than less though I suppose.
True, but apart from all the stuff for Pereg she also got two large white cabbages, two kilos each of carrots, kohlrabi, beetroots and sweet red peppers [I had only asked for one cabbage and one kilo each of the others...], plus two large butternut squashes and I already had two in the refrigerator...oh and a bunch of spring onions "because I know you like them"... and "I thought you would like some green beans, just come in so I got a couple of kilos for you..."

I'd love if my neighbour did my shopping - wouldn't have to spend bus fair then.
I do pay for a taxi for her to get the stuff home - and she drew money for me from the hole-in-the-wall - but as I have not the slightest idea which store she goes to [I cannot understand half of what she rabbits on about ] and as I cannot get out myself, it really do appreciate her.

Don't have any suggestions re the freezer space though..
I am currently hunting round for a second-hand large fridge/freezer to go with the monster f/f and huge upright freezer I already have!

Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
It's a shame you don't live in the UK - this time of year you could leave it outside and it'd be cold enough !!

Sure - and the feral cats would have a wunnerful, jis' wunnerful time!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Oh dear!! Well, you could always make oodles of soup I suppose, but that wouldn't help because you would still have to freeze it.

You will just have to reinforce your wheelchair and plough your way through it all..........Pereg could help a bit
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 07:18 PM
The way Pereg gets through the chicken wings...... You'll have plenty of space in your freezer
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

01-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Umm I made a bit of a mistake with the clukcluk flappers as I had two very large bags already in the freezer so I did not actually need any more

Right. I have two large trays of wings and two large trays of turkey neck chunks currently being open frozen [one tray of each in each freezer], with half a refrigerator full of what I thought were backs but which from the feel of them are carcases that are absolutely covered with meat, waiting to be frozen. OK so I am exaggerating, not quite half a refrigerator full but two very large thick plastic sacks that feel all squishy.

Once the open freezing is done and the wings and necks packed into bags they will not take up so much space [says Malka hopefully...] and I can then start on the two sacks. I really must buy another freezer though - I reckon a four drawer one should be sufficient.

The vegetables I will sort out when I have the poultry frozen and packed.