Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 11:45 AM

Insurance

just got a letter from direct line for the dawgs ins cos of goverment tax on insurance my premium has gone up (i pay monthly) has anyone elses insurance company done the same?
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 12:21 PM
If you had paid it all up front they couldn't come back and demand more so why should you pay more for doing it in installments? They could put it up when its due for renewal but surely they can't change the price part way through a year?
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
If you had paid it all up front they couldn't come back and demand more so why should you pay more for doing it in installments? They could put it up when its due for renewal but surely they can't change the price part way through a year?
This is what I thought. If you have paid upfront or finalised a sum they can't change it, unless they made a mistake that wasn't picked up in the beggining (mis charged payment). I certainly would not be paying more half way through just because of tax!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Sounds fundamentally wrong, ring them and complain.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:44 PM
ok thanks will do
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 03:08 PM
well that went well!! app youl all be paying the extra 1 per cent its goverment rules and will be paying if your on DD from feb 1st and direst line only accept DD not payment in full once a year