Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2006, 11:33 AM

Did I do the right thing?

Hello

On Friday I walked Buster after work and in our cul de sac was a dog playing with lil girls, the girls said it was a stray. the dog followed me and buster to my house and wouldnt go away so i let her in our garden to play with buster. no one came looking for her.

she was well fed and a lovely girl, a staff cross something. no collar. i walked her round the blokc asking people if they knew her but they didnt.

i was very tempted to keep her but i took her to the pound. she was not chipped either.

i am now worried have i done the right thing, what if some her owners do care and are worried???
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 11:37 AM
She will be traced, if she is in good condition she's well loved and they will collect her from the pound - I'm sure. x
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 11:39 AM
You could always phone the pound, explain that you were the one who took her in and you were wondering if anyone has come forward to claim her.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 11:43 AM
weren't you looking for number 2 anyway?!!
I think it's 7 days or something they hold a dog for before homing (up here anyway). Keep calling and perhaps if she is unclaimed you could have her?

Of course you did the right thing, if someone is missing her they will call everywhere and find her there. Hope it works out for her either way...
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Yes you did the right thing but as already said I would give them a ring and ask them to let you know what happens
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2006, 11:57 AM
she is a gorgeous dog but not righ for us because i think buster would drive her mad as she is about 7-9, but so loving.

i have phoned them 2day and the owners cant care that much as she is still there.

also waiting for the vets to check her to be sure that if she has anything that i must treat buster, i.e fleas.

how can some people not know the whereabouts of their dog!? i have heart failure if buster is out of my sight and there is no way he can escape from my house. if he ever went missing me and OH would b out in force also he has a collar and is chipped!

what is wrong with some people!
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 12:02 PM
You did the right thing at least now she can find the right home
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by buster
i have phoned them 2day and the owners cant care that much as she is still there.

how can some people not know the whereabouts of their dog!? i have heart failure if buster is out of my sight and there is no way he can escape from my house. if he ever went missing me and OH would b out in force also he has a collar and is chipped!

what is wrong with some people!
I wouldn't say that the owners were necessarily bad 'parents' - when my parents dog Toby disappeared about 10yrs ago we were mortified & were out driving around town calling him all night. Looking back now I'm like "what were we thinking?!" cos he was never microchipped, and because he had a collar with our phone number, Mum never thought to call the pound until he'd been gone a couple of days. Turned out he'd lost his collar and was picked up by the dog warden that afternoon, so all was OK, but I think microchipping was much less common a few years ago and so if this is an older dog you found, I can understand why he hasn't been done.

Having said that I know exactly how you feel about Buster... I never let Gadget out of my sight!
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2006, 12:33 PM
that is true Katie and I hope that maybe that is a similar circumstance to her owners but in reality where i live is not the best and there are a lot of dogs roaming the streets.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 12:38 PM
You could try placing an advertisement in the Lost and Found column in the local press, quite often there is no charge for found notices. Check to see if they have a non-destruct policy also, if not you could try placing your reserve on her, you won't know if she and Buster will work out unless you try it. It would be a shame if she were put to sleep after all you have done to make her safe. Good Luck and keep us all posted as to what happens.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >