Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 08:22 PM

Dry Dog Coats?

Anyone tried these?

Was thinking of trying one for Isla after she's had a bath the night before a show to tame her manic coat! I've tried a bog standard towel, but it's a total nightmare keeping it on her!

Any thoughts welcome.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I haven't tried these but I got a couple of towelling ones from canineconcepts.co.uk They've been very handy, especially in the caravan when we come in with wet muddy collies
The dogs do dry faster and when they shake it doesn't shower the whole place.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Anyone tried these?

Was thinking of trying one for Isla after she's had a bath the night before a show to tame her manic coat! I've tried a bog standard towel, but it's a total nightmare keeping it on her!

Any thoughts welcome.
I've used them for years for the cavaliers as they have a tendency to sleep on their backs & that means a lovely wavy coat.

These are the original & best IMHO
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
I haven't tried these but I got a couple of towelling ones from canineconcepts.co.uk They've been very handy, especially in the caravan when we come in with wet muddy collies
The dogs do dry faster and when they shake it doesn't shower the whole place.
Thanks for that, they sound quite handy to use for putting on before getting into the car.

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
I've used them for years for the cavaliers as they have a tendency to sleep on their backs & that means a lovely wavy coat.

These are the original & best IMHO
Cool! So would you say they do what it says on the tin then? I'm really, really tempted as I get sick of chasing Isla around the house readjusting her towel!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Cool! So would you say they do what it says on the tin then? I'm really, really tempted as I get sick of chasing Isla around the house readjusting her towel!
Definitely the coat should be slightly damp when the coat is put on & the coat does the rest. Always leaves my dogs coats shiny too
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Definitely the coat should be slightly damp when the coat is put on & the coat does the rest. Always leaves my dogs coats shiny too
Nice one, think that answers my question then. Cheers.
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2009, 11:02 PM

thats fantastic to hear will be ordering one on pay day miss Dotty's coat is a nightmare to get flat.