Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-06-2010, 08:47 PM

Little help?

hi im unsure if this is the right section if not mods can you please move to apropriate section
right a freind of mine is about to get a new pup and was wondering if some one might be able to shed a little light on the situation.
the mum is fully ukkc regesterd and the breeder has all the papers to proove so and so is the father the breeder is also getting all the documentation to show this but she wont regester the pup under the kc i have asked if she would and she said she would prefer if i done it themself so they said yes sure as its only £12 to do so but after further inspection the kc wont let the owner of the pup register they said it has to be the breeder to do so.
is there any reason why the breeder would not register the pups?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Yes the breeder/the bitches owner - is the only person that can register a litter.
A few reason may be; The bitch or stud had endorsments against there names, put by their breeders to ensure no off spring can be registed to the KC from that dog - This is put on when a breeder does not want a pup they sold bred from or not bred from at the moment in time.

Or maybe even the paper work shown was not in actual fact the correct paper work? and belonged to another dog, or were fake?

Either way your friend has been led a merry dance! so sad.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by steve78 View Post
hi im unsure if this is the right section if not mods can you please move to apropriate section
right a freind of mine is about to get a new pup and was wondering if some one might be able to shed a little light on the situation.
the mum is fully ukkc regesterd and the breeder has all the papers to proove so and so is the father the breeder is also getting all the documentation to show this but she wont regester the pup under the kc i have asked if she would and she said she would prefer if i done it themself so they said yes sure as its only £12 to do so but after further inspection the kc wont let the owner of the pup register they said it has to be the breeder to do so.
is there any reason why the breeder would not register the pups?
Many reasons-there are restrictions on the dog or bitch's(or both)registration to prevent the owners from registering puppies from them without having the health tests or the dogs being a certain age before being bred from.

The bitch has had more than 6 litters or is over the age of 8 at the whelping.

Your friend should walk away from the litter the breeder is definitely dodgy
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 08:56 PM
When you say UKKC do you mean the Kennel club in the UK or an other reg body.

Mother may have had a back to back litter or be too young or to old.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-06-2010, 08:59 PM
thanks for the reply ill tell my freind to steer clear i think im sure she only laid a small deposit down so its not a massive loss shame all the same
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Yep tell her to walk away, saves all the hassle. I hate breeders that lie - I would have to confront them, and let them know my feelings. Breeders are meant to be the ones you trust. They should be honoured that you want to buy a dog from them - not lie and treat people like stupied bits of scum.. arghh.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-06-2010, 09:02 PM
the bitch is 2.5 yr old and the sire was 8 last month.
and by ukkc i mean the uk kennel club
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I would guess fake paper work - meaning there not registered with the KC, or their paper work has breeding endosments on.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-06-2010, 11:00 AM
my friend has contacted the breeder todayand the reply from the breeder was that she will try kc reg the pup.
the problem is shes unsure on how long the regestration takes to come through the pup will be 13 weeks on saturday and wants the pup to go this week as the pup is getting used to the breeder what would you suggest she does?
thanks steve
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 11:04 AM
It takes about 2weeks - I would suggest she didnt take the pup until the paperwork was back, unless she is ok about having an unregistered pup!?

The breeder sounds as dodgy as hell to me, try and register? - if all was well and as it should be, she knows she would be able to.

I feel that your friend may take and pay for the pup and never see the paper work if she took the pup before the paper work was through, the breeder could be telling porkies and just want the pup gone, and have no intrest in trying to register at all.

Something really isnt right for a breeder to suggest that the new owner registers the pup in the first place.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »