Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 07:32 PM

Its started- fireworks tonite....

Bangers etc started here an hour ago- why ????????????HATE EM......Luckily I conditioned my dog to associate them with play time so she doesnt react much ...
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 07:34 PM
they have been letting them of over the other side of the mountain to us and they echo across the valley but they sound so close my boys are not bothered by them but i wish they would ban them once and for all they are horrible dangerous things
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Fireworks are a curious thing.

People like myself have to be vetted by the Police and only then are we achknowledged with a licence to own a gun,but any Tom,Dick or Harry can walk into a supermarket with no training and buy an explosive which makes 'pretty patterns'.

Bizzare...
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 07:56 PM
I know what u mean- I have a firearms license as I shoot .22 calibre competitively .....but nutters let fireworks off like right now for no reason.....
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 07:57 PM
i totally agree with you steve it is very curious my dad has to be vetted for owning guns and storing black powder and the regulations police checks at the house,and yet kids can get hold of fire works and use them as they like
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Fireworks should be banned completely- whats the point ??My dog is ok with them but plenty arent
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I like fireworks, means its getting closer to my bday (bonfire night) and the dogs love them, so much that Molly tries to chase them (dont worry though we keep her well out of harms way when they are around!)

Roll on November 5th
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Just thinking the same thing here, as we've got them going off all over the place tonight! Whyyyyyyy???????? Happened last Saturday night too! and they go on so blooming late at night too!!!! Can somebody please tell me why it's necessary to celebrate with explosives on a Saturday night? Why don't they just take themselves off to Iraq or somewhere if they're so incensed with blooming explosions!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR I'm sooooo angry about it coz my poor Cassie is quivering yet again and won't be able to relieve herself tonight before she goes to bed either!!!!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-09-2006, 08:33 PM
I know they changed the law a while back and increased the age to 18,but there are still an awful lot of immature muppets out there who legally buy and then prat around with them. Even worse is when you know the t**ts letting them off are well under 18 so you know some shop is ignoring the law.Last year,i went into Homebase and saw rockets which looked like artillery shells and cost an eye watering £10 each!!!

Fireworks should be only made available to those who respect what damage they can do when misused like trained organisers at events.I hate the fact that come October i will start hearing the oh so familiar 'whizzz,whoosh,bang etc etc' and it even happens in broad daylight!

My idea-restrict sales to event holders only and make it so they can only be set off 3 days before or after November 5th.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2006, 09:02 PM
yep started here too.

Bruno has just got himself up to ninety barking at them as someone has been letting them off for the last hour.

its only september !!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >