Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
meg's_mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2008, 05:22 PM

Roughest couple of weeks ever!

As some of you will know I lost one of my dogs the other week. Then meg was ill and was at the vets for abit. And then my washing machine broke ooooo and then so did my cooker. I dont think any of you know but i also have 5 cats along with my dogs and horses and rabbits. My oldest cat is 17. She is diabetic and has kidney failure. At about 1 o'clock last night she had a fit. I thought nothing of it as she sometimes does have them if her blood sugar level is too low. But as i was about to go to bed at 10 past 3 she had another fit and i knew this wasnt a diabetic hyper. She then had another at 25 past 3 she had another one. I paniked and rang one of my collegues. I was still on the fone to him at 20 to 4 when she had another. Then at 5 to 4 she had another. I was really frightened as i couldnt work out was wrong with her. She had another at 10 past 4. I then suddenly relized "OMG could she be epileptic" I turned of the tv and all the lights bar one and sat down. She didnt have another one. My sister works for the cats protection which is where i got here and as i was there for vet day today i took her with me. The other vet that was there looked her over as well and confirmed she has epilepsy. She ha another fit at about 3 oclock but that was the last one so far.
So officially the worst couple of weeks in my life!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Ah hun,You really have had a rough trot , But at least now that your cat has been diagnosed she can be given medication to help calm her seizures big hugs to both of you ,xdk
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 05:32 PM
You poor thing!!! Everything comes at once!

I hope things improve and they can control pus cats fits and make her comfortable!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 05:36 PM
How awful for you. Hope your cat recovers, honey x
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Im so sorry to hear youve been having a rubbish time hun.. It must have really caught you off guard losing your lovely doglet... I really hope things perk up for you, and Im sure they will! Chin up xxxx
meg's_mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2008, 07:42 PM
I was talking to my collegee a minute ago and we have decided that the epilepsy is degenitive which means she wont get better but hopefully with her being on phenobarbitone she wont get worse. We have also decided that if it comes down to it then she is going to be PTS at home with us all around her. ATM she is a bit of a space cowboy but we have made her comftable and she is eating like a pig! I got her 1991 so I have seen her deteriote over the past 5 years or so. I could still have another year or so with her though only time will tell!
The reason i like this forum better than others is because all of you are really suppoting, Thank you!
xxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh honey I hope that you can keep her comfortable xxxxxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 10:49 PM
You're really having a time of it. I hope the medication kicks in and she settles. (((hugs))) to you both
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Awwwww bless i hope things get a bit better for your cat awww bless shes luckly to have a mum thats a vet
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-01-2008, 01:15 AM
oh I am so sorry you poor thing,at least shes in the right place to get proper care,god knew what he was doing when he sent them all to you,I think I have a word with him about the cooker though,thats not on, how much is one supposed to deal with at the same time.
get some rest and keep your chin up
xxxxBLxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >