Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 07:49 AM

Printer ink cartridge question

Hi guys,

After much discussion on here, I decided to try and refil my colour cartridge with ink.

All went well, and I put 2ml of each colour into the cartridge and left it overnight as instructed.

This morning I've tried to use it and tested it by printing

RED

BLUE

GREEN

YELLOW

in the named colours.

The red and yellow didn't come out at all. The blue is fine, and the green has come out blue.

What do I need to do now please? Didn't I put enough in? It said to fill each hole with the appropriate colour, but when I did this on another cartridge, the red and blue filled fine, but the yellow wouldn't take any. Does this mean that the yellow was already full?

Confused of Croydon...........

ETA I'm just trying the "other" cartridge now....
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 07:51 AM
No idea from Lancing Hope you get it sorted!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 07:54 AM
I don't think that one's working at all - my test page was all black and grey
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 11:32 AM
When you say you left them overnight - was that with them in the printer or out of the printer ? I ask that as cartridges should be put straight in or the print nozzles dry out and clog, which is what it sounds like. [ which is a swine of course if the cartridges are supposed to be left out on refil as its not good for the machine ]
If you did put them straight in it might just be the inks haven`t sucked through properly. Every time I do a cartridge replacement the first print does`nt bring that colour through so I use the maintenance option to clean the nozzles and that does the trick.
HTH
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Aaaaah!
They were left out overnight - it's quite possible the nozzles are clogged.
I wonder if my printer has the clean nozzles option ;?

Thanks Patch!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes it does!

Didn't work though. Have tried filling again (I'm now covered in ink!) and have shoved it in the printer.

I'll see what I get tomorrow......

Stuff like this never works for me...
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2008, 01:33 PM
If it still happens you can get head cleaning cartridges for most printers or a bottle variety for those makes or models which cleaning cartridges are not available for, so don`t worry you`ll be able to sort it one way or t`other, don`t let it beat you
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2008, 02:23 PM
I had this kind of problem once, with a Hewlett Packard printer. I solved it the easy way - I threw the printer away and got a new one (Epson).

I have a simple attitude towards machines. If they do not do what they were designed to do, then they're just wasting space. A printer that won't print has no place in my house: it works, or it dies.

Snorri
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I had this kind of problem once, with a Hewlett Packard printer. I solved it the easy way - I threw the printer away and got a new one (Epson).

I have a simple attitude towards machines. If they do not do what they were designed to do, then they're just wasting space. A printer that won't print has no place in my house: it works, or it dies.

Snorri
I'm afraid I've given in and bought a new cartridge......

Baz said to me last night "it's not worth the grief, just buy a new on" so, being the dutiful wife I did