Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2006, 08:02 PM

Herbal remedies and prescription medicine

I have read today that Echinacea and St Johns Wort can stop prescription medicines from working.

Echinacea flushes prescribed medicine out of the body, and St Johns Wort can reduce effectiveness of medicines by speeding up the metabolism.
SuzanneGSD
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Its very important that people use homepathic medicines correctly and IMO under the advice of a homeopathic vet, who is fully aware of what medications an animal is on! Even though homeopathic drugs/natural products are good, tehy can still be used and abused. Remember they are complementary medicines NOT alternative, you use then to complement the conventional medicines and not instead of.

Whilst i am an avid fan of homeopathic treatment i ALWAYS work under the advice of my vet and would never use them instead of conventional treatment. there is a time and place for homeopathy! whilst there are many books etc on what homeopthic natural remendie sto give, they can be easily misused and it atkes quite a long time for homeopathic vet to qualify (after nromal vet exams!!) also to decide meds is based on a whole history and not just one symptom!

Dunno how true it is that these are contra indicated, but any homeopathic vet would know and advice you if your animal was on medication.