Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 08:55 AM

Todays Storm!

I've just had a phone call from my Mum who lives in Surrey, and she said that they've had a thunderstorm going for over an hour and now her electric is out, not just hers but her neighbours as well, also her downstairs phone isn't working either which is a walkabout phone, but her upstairs phone is working, I'm a bit concerned because my mum is 81 and if the electric is out for a long time, how will she cope, she has good neighbours, but obviously they are in the same boat, I only hope I get a call soon to say the electric has come back on.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:29 AM
hope they sort it soon for your mum

at least it is daylight and they have all day to get it sorted

and i hope the storm dont come this way i am so scared of thunder and lightnening
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I hope that the storm soon passes for you mum & all her neighbours!!
As Jackie has said at least it is a day time storm so she isn't in the dark.

Hugs to you, try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know) xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks Jackie, I just feel so useless at the moment, the trouble is my mum is very old fashioned and if the electric isn't back on by dinner time and she can't cook a meal she'll go hungry as you don't have sandwiches for your evening meal , you have a proper meal, meat and 2 veg, and she wont budge from this, and she has to have this at 6pm or again go hungry, and I'm just too far away to get her a cooked meal, so hopefully as you say they have all day to get it sorted, who'd have parents aye
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:48 AM
hoping the storm passes through soon for your mom,and i do hope it changes direction for you jackie,we have been lucky with the weather so far i wonder if we will escape again,there was a tornado is lisburn co-down yesterday and a storm,but were a good few miles awys and we was roasted out of it,
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Nicky1979 View Post
I hope that the storm soon passes for you mum & all her neighbours!!
As Jackie has said at least it is a day time storm so she isn't in the dark.

Hugs to you, try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know) xx
Thanks Nicky
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
hoping the storm passes through soon for your mom,and i do hope it changes direction for you jackie,we have been lucky with the weather so far i wonder if we will escape again,there was a tornado is lisburn co-down yesterday and a storm,but were a good few miles awys and we was roasted out of it,
Thank you zb, just had another call from mum, and she said the electric is still off, the storm is passing but her garden is flooded, luckily her house is higher than the garden so unless they get about another 12 inches of rain there's no threat of her house getting flooded, but it's still such a worry, hope her next call brings good news.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Fingers crossed it comes back on, your mum seems a bit of a stubborn old bat (in the nicest possible way ) and can be their own worst enemy!
My power went off this morning and we haven't even had a storm!
Becky
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Fingers crossed it comes back on, your mum seems a bit of a stubborn old bat (in the nicest possible way ) and can be their own worst enemy!
My power went off this morning and we haven't even had a storm!
Becky

Stubborn old bat, doesn't even begin to describe her in the least Becky but this post would be bleeped out if I put down exactly what she is , but can't help worrying about her, but I tell you she doesn't make it easy at times
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm in Surrey Christine and am experiencing the same. Whereabouts is your Mum?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >