Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 06:56 AM

Morning, morning, morning - Sunday!

Morning all,

Today we HAVE to choose the colours for the decorator – I’m not looking forward to it very much – it’ll only end in tears....... OK, it’s not quite that dramatic, but still a giant one.

Anyhoo, cooking a curry this morning for us to have in the week, then we are out for lunch and it’s my choice. Nando’s was open last week, so I gave in to Baz and we went there – unpleasant for me, but he loved it.

A nice Italian today, methinks

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe

Today's gem:
While lying in bed with my husband last night he asked me what I would like to do most with his body. Apparently “identify it” wasn’t the right answer.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Morning Vicki and everyone

Maybe on your travels today Vicki, pick up some matchpots and slap a bit on the walls here and there, coz it sure is different on the wall than on the tin! I'm now painting the kitchen this week in the same colour as the halls (so that'll be FOUR times I'll have painted it in all!), purely because I like the colour and also because I can't live with the one I thought I would last week. Be glad when it's all over, same as you. Enjoy your Italian (lunch I mean!)

We've had the best lie in ever, 7.30, can't believe Zena has gone back to bed waiting patiently for her walk. Might venture down to the beach this morning since I found out the best place to go with easy parking and dogs allowed, coz the sun is shining already. You know what's gonna happen now though, I saw those temperatures on the forecast last night 29, which means in the 30's this week and it'll creep up, up and up all week and I'll be moaning it's too hot.

Roast lamb for lunch here and NO diy coz it's Sunday Enjoy yours!
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Good morning vicci and Helena, and everyone to follow.

We're off to the carboot in doncaster, and then Asda to do the weekly shop. Opie will be happy with his frozen kongs and his spinny maze full of treats while we are out. We've tried taking him a couple of times but there are too many happy dogs that lunge at him so set him off barking. Guess who gets the dirty looks then

Going to take him and Shirley for a nice long walk through the fields and woods this afternoon while oh cracks on with the garden. If it stays nice I'll pack us a little picnic.

Enjoy your lunch, vicci, and your day off from diy, Helena
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Good morning all.

It's pretty overcast here although I think it's supposed to brighten up. Holiday madness has already started with the kids breaking up so we are going in early for brekkie then Tesco because, although Tesco should have been done and dusted yesterday, I took the wrong bank card with me so today it is.

I once sent hubby to buy the paint for the living room. Told him to buy Dulux 'hint of green'. He came back with a store's own brand and green rather than hint of. He assured me the colour would look better. Painted the living room and it looked and felt like stepping into pea soup. Painted it all again the next day in white. The moral of the story is 'never trust husbands to do the shopping and especially not to pick colours'. This was years ago, but boy has he suffered since. Each and every time he tells me we can save money by buying x instead of y, he gets the paint saga thrown at him and I get to choose what I want . Every cloud as they say. Thinking about it, today's gem would have been highly appropriate at the time.

Still got the living room and bathroom to clean up. It should have all been finished yesterday ready for the kids coming tomorrow, but I got carried away and ended up giving the kitchen a spring clean rather than a tidy round. I think the ability to breathe has gone to my head. That won't last long.

We have a good forecast for the week ahead. I'm not too bothered what it does so long as it stays dry. Two young kids and wet weather don't mix especially when you're out of practice.

One thing we do have planned in introducing Rosie to agility. My grandkids love dogs so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and start on mini jumps and weaves this week. All in the garden, of course.

I have a feeling that 'ickle Rosie is going to really love her week with the kids who are, thankfully, dog savvy so know when to play and when to leave in peace.

Doubt I'll be around much this coming week so enjoy your day today and enjoy the week ahead. Stay safe everyone!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Just popping in occasionally still as really do not feel good but Pereg is fine B"H and happy and trots off to bed with me when I have had enough. Just wish I felt human again.

(((hugs))) to everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
Feeling a bit low this morning, I am finding these constant choking and tummy upsets hard to deal with with Kyiro and Lily, its really scary and I feel i am living on a knifes edge all the time. I am too scared to walk them far incase they start and i can't get them home. I took lily just down to the green by my house thismorning and she started and i struggled to get her just 3 doors up. I just want to enjoy my dogs and have fun with them not live on edge with constant worry.
I am looking afte my neighbours dogs again today while she is at a horse show. Will post some pics of them soon. One is a GSD and the other a little terrier cross.
Trying to defrost the freezer too today and loads of washing to do as I got nothing done yesterday with going to the vets and being there most the morning and then trying to stop Lily from starting another choking fit for the rest of today.
Good luck with the decorating those of you who are doing it.
Malka I hope you feel better soon.
Take care all and enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Enjoy lunch Vicki and good luck with the choosing of colours.

Have a nice walk Helena and a restful Sunday. Good luck with the holiday makers Chris and enjoy the Grandchildren.
(((Hugs))) Malka.
Bev I hope Lily is better today.

Gorden is working on a presentation today so another kicking around the house day.

Love the gem today. Have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Morning Morning Morning Cuz xxx

Been out already and its a beautiful morning, got back and tidied up the honeysuckle over the porch, whilst the dogs lay on the drive enjoying a rest LOL.

Just having a coffee now and will do breakfast in a mo. May well start the back garden later, just got a few things indoors to do.

Have a great day folks and enjoy xxxxxxxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-07-2012, 11:38 AM
'afternoon all

Dull and overcast here but the sun is on it's way (allegedly)

Enjoy your lunch Vicki, think of us here with no Italian within driving distance

Malka, glad you could pop in and hope that whatever it is that is keeping 'down' will go away and you'll feel better soon.

Helena, glad to read that Zena is fit and waiting for her walk.

Best wishes all