Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 11:15 PM

Step daughter riding Blaze

I taught my stepdaughter how to ride. She loves horses and is a brilliant tidy little rider. Her mum sadly has never bothered to watch her ride.
Here she is riding Blaze. He's a very fast little pony who needs a strong rider, (even with a pelham & curb chain) as he likes to bolt off. Lucy loves him to pieces

bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 03:00 AM
shes really cute xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Great pics. Won`t show my daughter as the "Mummy can I haves will start!!"
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 08:30 AM
She looks great, my daughter is desperate to jump now..she has done a few small crosspoles and did well..

Jules can I ask what size he is and what age your SD is??Reason I ask is because he looks about the same height as our Tink.. and I was beginning to think CJ looked big on her LOL.. I know in reality she isn't but....

(Pics of her here

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=80292
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Blaze is 13h 2in and my stepdaughter is a skinny 13 years old. (getting food down her can be a nightmare)

I think it depends on the temperament of the pony and the ability of the rider.
Blaze is quite small but he's a little rocket. He can dangerously bolt off around the arena. My stepdaughter rides him well. She could do with wearing knee pads

She rides the big ones too

I don't think your daughter looks to big for Tink. I think its more important she has a good relationship with him so that she can become a well balanced confident rider and enjoy him rather than having a unbalanced pony which she feels out of her depth on, which will in time she will lose her confidence on.
Theres nothing harder than helping a small child gain confidence on a pony if they have had a bad fall on.

Riding should be safe and fun. She looks happy and the pony looks safe. She'll last a while on him yet!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Oh CJ has confidence by the skip load!! she scares me sometimes..She has had many falls both off her own pony and the riding school ones...She has no fear of any pony/horse and will ride anything.. she also rides Rocky.. the 14.3 colored cob in the pics..

Both ponies are 4yrs old.. Tink is 12hh maybe just over that now..CJ is a skinny 7yr old..eats less than a sparrow
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Too much confidence can be a problem too!!
And what is it with girls and eating??? Lucy's mum doesn't cook and is too lazy to encourage Lucy to eat different food. She lived on pasta & chips until i changed her eating habits. She'll now sit down and eat a roast dinner.

Horse riding is such a great hobby. Best of all it keeps them away from boys
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Jules1 View Post
Too much confidence can be a problem too!!

Horse riding is such a great hobby. Best of all it keeps them away from boys
Well it hasn't been to her yet..but it is to me I stand there and say don't go that way she might spook... so she does, Tink spooks, jumps sideways and I get a big grin and a "well I stayed on" she is going to be a daredevil...hell she already is!!.. I wouldn't actually say she is over confident.. she isn't keen on cantering Tink on her own.. prefers someone to run along side her.. but will do it on her own after a few runs with someone.. she knows what TInk is capable of.. and still has to learn to trust her a little..

I don't have to worry about boys either..they are all smelly horrible things at the moment Hope she remembers that!
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2008, 11:11 AM
my daughter was riding her pony up until dec last year shes 13 and her pony is 12.2 (daughters very skinny) shes now on a share loan with a ten yr old who loves her my daughter rides other ponys down the yard and has a rising 2 forester which we will break in for her in a couple of years. shes down the yard in the holidays from 12 tol 5 and in the summer 9-7 defo prefer her there than likse some of her friends hanging out on the streets!!
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Well it hasn't been to her yet..but it is to me I stand there and say don't go that way she might spook... so she does, Tink spooks, jumps sideways and I get a big grin and a "well I stayed on" she is going to be a daredevil...hell she already is!!.. I wouldn't actually say she is over confident.. she isn't keen on cantering Tink on her own.. prefers someone to run along side her.. but will do it on her own after a few runs with someone.. she knows what TInk is capable of.. and still has to learn to trust her a little..

I don't have to worry about boys either..they are all smelly horrible things at the moment Hope she remembers that!
Bless her. I love to see the happiness on their faces when they ride.
She'll be cantering round in no time. Anyway cantering is much more fun than trotting You won't be able to stop her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >