Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 04:56 PM

New bed

Here is Pepsi on her new bed. 4 give me for the pink bits, my dad said it looked good. Me being me i dont really like pink lol. Plus sorry for the poor quality pics, my cam was running out of batt, got the best one i could lol

Smile

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Well i love it.....looks like someone else does too
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Fab!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Thing is... ive never really told her to lie or sit on her bed before. She has always sat next to me. Any tips? lol. I dont want to be cruel
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Gorgeous bed, I like the pink spots

Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Thing is... ive never really told her to lie or sit on her bed before. She has always sat next to me. Any tips? lol. I dont want to be cruel
Well, to start with I'd just make sure that any time I gave her a treat or chew/kong etc I'd say 'in your bed' then get her to follow the treat to the bed, when she's sitting/lying on it, she gets the treat.

If she associates it with nice things, she'll probably want to use it more, but personally, I agree, whilst it can be useful for them to know and obey the 'in your bed' command (e.g. for keeping them out of the way while tidying up), I never insist that my dogs stay there if they would rather lie at my feet.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Gorgeous bed, I like the pink spots

Well, to start with I'd just make sure that any time I gave her a treat or chew/kong etc I'd say 'in your bed' then get her to follow the treat to the bed, when she's sitting/lying on it, she gets the treat.

If she associates it with nice things, she'll probably want to use it more, but personally, I agree, whilst it can be useful for them to know and obey the 'in your bed' command (e.g. for keeping them out of the way while tidying up), I never insist that my dogs stay there if they would rather lie at my feet.

i agree with not making them stay on it if they dont want to. were trying to get her used to it as my dad will soon be getting a new leather sofa and doesnt want her on it. although if it was my house i wouldnt be bothered. but thanks for the tip, ill try that and see how i progress
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:52 PM
It's a bit of a shame for her that your Dad didn't think about the new furniture first - personally I don't think its cruel not to let them on furniture (neither of mine are allowed), but it is harder on them to have been allowed and then to stop it.

If she likes cuddles, I would spend more time getting on the floor with her to cuddle her (you might want to get yourself a nice comfy cushion/bean bag too ) to make the transition easier.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
It's a bit of a shame for her that your Dad didn't think about the new furniture first - personally I don't think its cruel not to let them on furniture (neither of mine are allowed), but it is harder on them to have been allowed and then to stop it.

If she likes cuddles, I would spend more time getting on the floor with her to cuddle her (you might want to get yourself a nice comfy cushion/bean bag too ) to make the transition easier.
I totally agree with you. But as she isnt too old yet it may be a little easier, no doubt she will go on when where out lol. As she has the run of the kitchen and the living room as there are no doors on either. Ive also been looking at bean bags for myself lol, well big enough for me and pepsi but there so expensive
Gizmoli626
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:58 PM
put some mud on the bed!! Soon she'll be diving on it.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Ive also been looking at bean bags for myself lol, well big enough for me and pepsi but there so expensive
I know - I gave up looking at the beanbags, as you say, they cost a fortune. Still, her bed looks big enough for you to share (though if that is the only place that is just hers it is probably best not to share it - they all need somewhere to go if they 'want to be alone').
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >