Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 01:54 PM

Meg & Riley Got Attacked!!

My mum has just arrived home from a walk with all three dogs and told me that Meg and Riley were attacked by a neighbours dog. She was walking them down the bridle path next to the house and the dog ( JRT cross) ran out of the garden and went for Riley. Riley has several 'holes' in his ears and neck although they're not bleeding too much! She managed to get Riley out of the way, then the evil little **** went for Meg!! Meg is quite nervy around other dogs so just ran. The guy who owns the dog came out, called his dog back - Meg ran towards him, little terrier barking at her and chasing her, then the ******* KICKED Meg across the face!!! Then dragged his dog into the garden and went into the house!!

Obviously Meg is looking more than a little shocked. She's seems to have a lump appearing on her nose too My mum has gone up to tell have a go at them for letting an aggressive dog like that loose on a public bridle & footpath, but should we be reporting it to someone? Obviously if its done it to our dogs it could very easily do it to another, and it could be even worse then. I cant imagine what would have happened if we had smaller dogs, i think its only cos Riley was so much bigger he was able to get away

I am SO ****** off right now. Both of the dogs are looking very stressed out and im really worried about them Poor Babies..
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 02:12 PM
No dog should be off lead in a public area so you are within your rights to report the attack. Likewise no one should kick a dog but it would be Mums word against the idiot.

Sure your dogs will recover if not too much fuss is made but keep an eye on the punctures as they could turn nasty.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 02:12 PM
So sorry. Some people just have no comone sense and a dog fight is like water off a ducks back the fact he dragged his dog into the garden and didn't stop to apologise to your Mom or come back out and check your dogs were okay proves the blokes a complete idiot.

I would report him - police and the dog warden. he's just a complete twit I feel for you,

Karen
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 02:19 PM
I'd report it just in case of any further probs, and id get the vet to check them both out.bites sometimes need antibiotics
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Yep,report it to the Police so atleast if it happens again-they would have more ammuntion.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Definitely report it to the police.... esp the bit about the idiot kicking Meg

i'm so sorry, I hope the puppies are ok
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi Jessica,
I'm so sorry your mom encountered such a idiot,I would report it to both the dog warden and the police.
Try bathing the puncture wounds in some salt water,keep an eye on them and would get them checked by your vet.
Sal
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, we phoned the police and they wont do anything until it bites a person So put us through to the Council, who aren't there until monday now!! We're going to phone them monday and and see what they say but i just hope it doesn't happen to someone else! Its really annoying because their dog was given to them because it was aggressive and the owners didn't want it anymore. They had it just running loose which is ridiculous with a dog like that!

My mum went up to speak to them as i said. The partner of the guy with the dog (he lives with her in her house) said that our dogs were on her land (the bridlepath) so its not her problem. My mum pointed out that its a PUBLIc bridlepath (and footpath also) and she just said its still her land. The police said that she was in the wrong, she just doesn't seem to accept it!!

Riley looks ok, just a bit shaken, but he's asleep now. Meg has some chunks out of her nose, and the lump and she is really upset. Going to keep an eye on her and take her to the vet if she gets any more stressed out..
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Aww sorry this has happened

I couldn't call the dog in this case 'evil' but your definitely right about the owner...Kicking Meg across the face???...If he kicked Meg across the face then for me that would be reason enough to take action.

Re: Thordells comment: Dogs are allowed off lead in many public spaces so long as they are controlled...Just not on footpaths and bridleways that run alongside farmland or other private land or open land with restrictions that are specified.

The owner needs to reinforce the boundary to his garden in this case as the dog wasn't likely to be onlead seeing as it broke out of it's garden.

I think maybe a word to the local authority you choose so that they can inform this man of his need to make sure his dog is not able to break free from his garden again. The dog was most likely being territorial...Is his garden quite open so the dog can see out easily???...If it's quite a territorial dog it probably runs up and down all day long having a bark at other dogs passing by and then got to get free and this happened...It could all be resolved if the bloke made sure the dog can't get out!

If the dog is generally aggressive then hopefully he keeps it onlead at all times when they are out and about??...That could be addressed by whoever tells him about his escaping dog!

Hope Meg and riley are feeling better soon
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 02:48 PM
whay a nasty experiance , i hope your all ok now
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >