Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cupcakebarb
New Member!
Female 

02-03-2009, 11:59 PM

Diawotits in pregnant dogs

Hi all Im new here but a member of a few other sites. I did a search and came up with this site and Im really curious if dogs can get diahorra when pregnant. What I really mean is can it be a sympom? I have 3 cockers 2 bitches and a dog. The last time my bitch was on heat I thought she may have been caught. I had her scanned and nothing but said it could be phantom. She has been off her food 2 weeks after season been sick about 6 times and can sleep for England! I really thought she was pregnant, scan was done about 28 days. Then she started with diahorra, took her back to vet and said was tummy bug. Can this happen in pregnancy? So covinced dhe is pregnant.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Hi,

Have yo separated the dogs during this season? A tummy bug can be picked up at any time, pregnantor not but if pregnancy in dogs is anythign like in people, if she is pregnant and has a bug as well she'll feel REALLY lousy!

You mention what happened after she was in season last time. Is your bitch having the same symtpmos again? Or anythign different this time? What is it about this time that makes you think she may be pregnant?

Are you intending to breed from her? Are you going to have her spayed?

Laura xx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Phantoms are very convincing, my Bella (also cocker) had one recently, and although I knew my boy hadn't been anywhere near her I was beginning to doubt myself. She was sick, her nipples were huge, her belly BIG and even her vulva stayed swollen. But now, 10 weeks on and you wouldn't have guessed I was worrying, everything has gone back to normal. I have my own scanner and was so convinced she was pregnant I was scanning her weekly - thankfully nothing there.

We did intend breeding from her last season, but due to the credit crunch decided against it, didn't want to bring puppies into the world that I may not be able to find home for, although I did have a few people already waiting.

If she was pregnant, how far on would she be now?
cupcakebarb
New Member!
Female 

03-03-2009, 08:57 AM
She would be 5 weeks if pregnant. It was the last season she had I was refering to when I thought my dog may have caught her. I was upstairs and they were in seperate rooms and she had her boxers on (to save carpets) when I came down her boxers were on floor and so was my Oscar panting away like hed ran a marathon!