Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 04:44 PM

My Pet Shame

Anybody see the episode with the nervous dalmation and Roger Mugford? Just seen it and I am not impressed The dog is clearly worried, tail pinned in between his legs. He declared that the dog was "just pretending" He then handed the dog's lead over to a total stranger and tried to make them walk together. The poor dog pulled so far away that it crawler through a fence backwards to get away!!! Yet he still insisted the dog was just pretending. Rubbish I say that dog was clearly being pushed too hard, too fast.

my friend's have just got a puppy and they told me that Roger came out to see their neighbours lab puppy and used a pet corrector to stop it jumping up and suggested to my friend that she should use one Now I'm not totally anti pet corrector, but I really think it's overkill to use one to stop a puppy jumping, especially one as food driven as a Labrador.

Hmmm not impressed.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I never seen it but by the sounds of it, that's a good thing and I agree that to use a Pet Corrector to stop a puppy jumping up is just too much

I am not a Pet Corrector fan either.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Just a thought..
Anybody see the episode with the nervous dalmation and Roger Mugford? Just seen it and I am not impressed The dog is clearly worried, tail pinned in between his legs. He declared that the dog was "just pretending" He then handed the dog's lead over to a total stranger and tried to make them walk together. The poor dog pulled so far away that it crawler through a fence backwards to get away!!! Yet he still insisted the dog was just pretending. Rubbish I say that dog was clearly being pushed too hard, too fast.
do you think he would have done that pre-CM book thing?

I think that sounds quite bad for a fearful dog tbh but as I say I didn't see it.

EDIT; I always thought he was about positive and kind training but this does not sound like it really IMHO.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 07:36 PM
A work colleague used to live near Roger Mugford and she said she met him on a walk and he couldn't recall his dog back to him

I guess even Victoria Stillwell et all have their dogs on off days.

I was surprised to see him in that book with CM though.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 08:55 AM
I've gotta day that after seeing those methods used, I'm getting more concerned about taking Cain to the Company of Animals next week for a behaviour consultation We're not seeing Roger, but if they try pushing Cain like that I'm will not be happy....and someone will probably lose a limb
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I thought you were seing Chirag Patel?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I've gotta day that after seeing those methods used, I'm getting more concerned about taking Cain to the Company of Animals next week for a behaviour consultation We're not seeing Roger, but if they try pushing Cain like that I'm will not be happy....and someone will probably lose a limb
I'd scrap that personally!

rune
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I thought you were seing Chirag Patel?
I am but he works for the Company of Animals and I'm hoping that he hasn't modified his methods in line with Roger's practises I dont know much about Roger, maybe I'm wrong, but I've not liked much of what I've heard about him over the years despite his good rep.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I'd scrap that personally!

rune
I'm not taking him there because it's "the company of animals", I wouldn't normally consider it. I'd rather go to a recommended behaviourist than rely on a brand name. It's just that my recommended behaviourist now works god this brand name I'm just hoping it hasn't influenced his methods.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Dont think a lot of Roger Mugford , other than he is a good sales man.

Watched him once trying to get a head collar on a naughty pony, that was enough for me
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >