View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 07:17 AM

RANT!!!! Our rescue's website is being used by BYB!!!

We just got this e-mail tonight....

Hi, I just thought I would let you know that while browsing Google Earth in my hometown of Thunder Bay, Ontario, I came across a store called "Paws and Claws" using a link to your animal rescue site to help promote them as "good people". This particular pet store is owned by a couple of real scumbag backyard breeders and the store is well known for selling sick and unhealthy pups. If you have access to Google Earth just look for "Paws & Claws Thunder Bay" and you'll see it.

I AM JUST SICK!!!! this is soooo fraud! but as it's in a different province, I dont know what we can do about it! I dont have access to Google Earth, so cant even go look to see if this is true... GRRRRRRR
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Oh no - that's outrageous!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 08:43 AM
I don't know the laws in your country to know if there is any recourse - but I guess your rescue could put a noticeable disclaimer on its site that it has no connection to any store selling pets. I deliberately wouldn't name them so as not to give them more publicity.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I don't know the laws in your country to know if there is any recourse - but I guess your rescue could put a noticeable disclaimer on its site that it has no connection to any store selling pets. I deliberately wouldn't name them so as not to give them more publicity.
HA! good idea! I dont know enough about the laws here either.... tho I'm sure we can get the link and mention of us removed from their site.... But I'm hoping we can do something more!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Good idea from MissE.

I hope you you can get something sorted.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-01-2010, 02:54 PM
DO a Google search "Paws and Claws Thunder Bay"

You might find out you have nothing to worry about.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 03:28 PM
this is what it looks like on google earth

I would go with MissE's suggestion I hope you can get something more from them though, who knows how long that's been up promoting them
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
this is what it looks like on google earth

I would go with MissE's suggestion I hope you can get something more from them though, who knows how long that's been up promoting them

Think you just might have given the Addy to Paws and Claws, which is now supposed to be a Spam/Highjack site
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Think you just might have given the Addy to Paws and Claws, which is now supposed to be a Spam/Highjack site
I'm sorry, I dont get what you mean by that.... You'll have to explain that further.... I dont understand computer "lingo" all that well....
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I'm sorry, I dont get what you mean by that.... You'll have to explain that further.... I dont understand computer "lingo" all that well....
look at Dale Masons post on link.

[Link removed]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >