Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2013, 04:58 PM

Another rant about selling puppies

I posted this sometime ago about a woman selling puppies on that well known social network site.

Selling Staffies online - do they never learn

I updated the thread because I later discovered that at least one of the puppies that she had been selling had died and today I see that she is pictured selling rottweiller pups! I'm absolutely furious - it looks as if she has got rid of her staffie in favour of a rottweiller who has obediently produced a litter of pups selling at £350 a go. I have no idea what happened to her staffie after she sold all her pups.

I hate to stereotype but this woman is rough and by the look of her pictures in need of a damn good scrub. I just feel so mad about it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Baxter this is such a widespread problem I am finding myself trying to AVOID reading such reports. It just makes you so MAD and SAD.

Can you believe we have a pamphlet going round here (sanctioned by the blerdy Church) suggesting that unwanted puppies could be given to the children of the poor for christmas presents!

We are trying to stop that. But it's a bit like sticking your finger in the hole in the dyke wall. As soon as you look sideways you see something else that disgusts and appalls you.
Jessiesdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Now there's a good idea. Give puppies to poor people that they then have to feed, vaccinate, spay, insure etc.

What genius thought that up?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jessiesdad View Post
Now there's a good idea. Give puppies to poor people that they then have to feed, vaccinate, spay, insure etc.

What genius thought that up?
Yes indeed. But the biggest problem is of course they will be 'giving unwanted pups to children of the poor' - pups that will end up being chucked back out on the street before too long. And there is a much bigger 'stray dog' problem in Greece than there is here in Cyprus.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Tang that's just bonkers!! Why on earth would they say that! I'm all for donating presents for Christmas presents but apart from being given as a present is a terrible thing to do for a puppy, why on earth would you encourage people to give poor children's something that will cost their parents money. Or not cost their parent money and have devastated children when their "present" dies of starvation, parvovirus, worm infestation or some other terrible disease.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Yes Bonkers. And caused outrage among more 'enlightened' and responsible dog owners and dog lovers. But there's the crunch. We are not talking about people who are very 'enlightened' when it comes to owning dogs, keeping them, or taking steps to ensure their safety and wellbeing.

Black dogs have a particularly bad time of it (you see hardly any anyway) but you'd have to go into their culture and beliefs to understand why. And I get so fed up about it sometimes I can't be bothered to discuss that particular one right now.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Give poor kids puppies? That's absurd! Maybe take a puppy to see poor kids, or organize a little diddly where poor kids can come and play with friendly dogs... but to give them puppies is senseless!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Give poor kids puppies? That's absurd! Maybe take a puppy to see poor kids, or organize a little diddly where poor kids can come and play with friendly dogs... but to give them puppies is senseless!
"Little diddly" I've never heard of that but I love it!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
"Little diddly" I've never heard of that but I love it!
Haha. We use it around here to describe fun but small events such as kids birthday parties etc.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2013, 08:29 AM
I imagine you calling it a "lill diddly"....no idea why!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >