Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
plantman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Puppy insomnia?

Our 5 month old cockerpoo continues to make a mess in the night and invariably starts barking around 5am for attention. Could the reason he is messing be that he is not sleeping well?

Our other cockerpoo sleeps for England and has never been a problem at night, but the new pup is driving us to distraction....Help...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Hiya

This thread might be a help to you as I had the same problem with one of mine when she was about 8 months old:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=119652

I found feeding her a 'snack' before bed really helped as I think she was barking both for attention and because she was hungry. Even to this day she still gets her bed time snack -- either a big Bonio, a couple of other decent sized dog biscuits or a small handful of her dried food.
plantman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Hiya

This thread might be a help to you as I had the same problem with one of mine when she was about 8 months old:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=119652

I found feeding her a 'snack' before bed really helped as I think she was barking both for attention and because she was hungry. Even to this day she still gets her bed time snack -- either a big Bonio, a couple of other decent sized dog biscuits or a small handful of her dried food.
Thanks Labradork, he is still on three meals a day and we are feeding his third meal around 6pm, so we will try a bit of supper tonight to see if it helps.....